Chapter 5

I poured my first cappuccino of the day. I patiently waited for Demi's visit.

"That'll be 3.75 please", I said. He handed me the money. "Thank you. Enjoy your day!", I said. She smiled. "Thanks. You too." She handed me a 5 dollar bill while she said that. I looked a bit confused. I mean, I just said enjoy your day. "Thank you!", I said. She smiled and walked away.

Hours went by, and still no Demi. Was she still coming?

I looked around. It was quiet. Quiet enough for me to take my break. "I'm gonna take my break. Be back in 30", I said. "Okay kiddo!", John said.

I pushed the door open that lead to our break room and grabbed a sandwich from my bag. I sat down and grabbed my phone to see if I had any messages. None. Was she blowing me off?

I took a bite from my sandwich and scrolled through Instagram. Nothing I didn't know about. I finished my sandwich and took a sip of my water. Only 10 minutes passed by. I decided to just go back to work.

I walked through the door. And there she was. The most beautiful girl I'd ever seen at that moment.

Don't get me wrong, but my daughter almost kicked her off the first place. I instantly started smiling.

"You're so cheesy!"

I thought that's the way you liked me most.

"I like you in every way idiot."

Such a cutie.

Anyways..

So I immediately saw her standing there. Just, casually looking on her phone. Not noticing anything that was going on around her. She looked up and finally noticed me.

So she went in line, patiently waiting for it to be her turn.

"What will it be today?", I asked. Obviously I couldn't help but smile at her.

"Could I have one of those pretty latte's of yours?" I smiled and nodded. So I poured her the best latte I could. "Nice", she said. She handed me the money. "Can we talk?", she asked. I felt like this was going to be serious. I mean, those eyes just pierced right through my soul. I just nodded and waited for the worst to come.
"I'll be outside if you need me", I said to John. He raised his thumb.

We sat down. "So about yesterday.. I was so drunk and I'm so sorry if I gave you the wrong impression of me." "It's okay. It wasn't that bad", I said. That beautiful smile appeared.
"So what was it that you wanted to ask me?", I asked. It was quiet for a while. But she kept looking at me.

"Are you okay?", I asked. "Yeah, sorry", she said. "What did you wanted to ask me?", I asked again.
"I uh, I was wondering if you'd like to uh, maybe go out with me sometime?"

My heart started racing. "Go out with you? You mean, like a date?", I said. "Yes.." I was looking for the right words. But I think it took me too long to gind them, because she stood up, wanting to walk away. "Never mind. I think I had the wrong impression. I'm sorry", she said. I quickly grabbed her hand and stood up. "I'd love to go out with you", I said. She faced me and started smiling. "Really?", she asked. I smiled back at her. "Yes, of course!" "Great! When does your shift ends?", she asked. "At 6." "Great! I'll pick you up." I smiled and nodded. She smiled at me again.

You smiled a lot actually.

"Because I was happy you said yes."