Chapter 6

My shift was ending in about 30 minutes. I was cleaning tables when I noticed Demi outside. She was pacing around. I smiled looking at her.
I walked to the door and stepped outside.

"Hey stranger! What are you doing here so early?", I asked. She quickly turned to face me. She quickly hid something behind her back. "Oh, I uh, I didn't wanna be late", she said. I smiled. "Come inside. I'll ask John if I can leave right now." "Oh, no I'm good. I'll wait here", she said. "I'll pretend I didn't see anything", I said snd winked. "What do you mean?" I pointed at her hands. "The thing behind your back." She looked away for a second. "Fuck", she said. "It's okay. Just get inside."
She let out a deep sigh.

You know.. Now I think about it, you've never been so nervous about anything.

"Well what was I supposed to do. I mean, the girl I had a crush on said yes to a date with me. Of course I was nervous."

You're so cute. Anyways..

We walked inside and I sat her down. "I'll be right back."

"John!" "What's up kiddo?", he said. "I uh, I have a date. But she's here kinda early." "Who is it?", he asked. I pointed at her. "Her."
"She's cute! Go get her tiger!" I laughed. "Don't you need any help closing up?", I asked. "Nah, I'm good. But I need you tell me how it went tomorrow!" "Deal!" He patted my back. "Have fun!" "Thanks! See you tomorrow."

I walked up to her.

"Ready to go?", I said taking off my apron. She looked up at me. "Yeah." She smiled and stood up.
"These are for you", she said handing me the flowers. They were beautiful red roses. "They're beautiful. Thank you." I kissed her cheek. Her face turned bright red, which made me giggle.

She looked down not really knowing what to do, so I grabbed her hand. "Relax. It's going to be fun", I said. She smiled.

"Okay let's go!", Demi said. I smiled.

"So, where are we going?", I asked as we walked down the street.
"Some place quiet. Not too many people. Especially no paparazzi."
I stopped her for a second. "Paparazzi?", I asked. "Yeah. Wait.. You don't know who I am?", she asked. "I know your name is Demi, that's all. I'm sorry, am I supposed to?"

It was quiet for a while.

Then she shook her head. "Actually, no. It's refreshing, knowing someone that doesn't know that side of me."

"You do know I'm going to google you when i get home right?"

We both laughed.

"That's okay. But I wouldn't mind telling you."

We continued walking until we got at a silent spot at the beach.
"We're almost there", Demi said. "We do have to climb a bit tho, if you don't mind." "That's okay. I'll follow you everywhere." She looked at me and smiled.

I still do tho. I'll always will.

"Me too."

We climbed a few rocks and passed a few trees but we finally got there.

"Here it is", she said. It was a small beach in between rocks. It was pretty hard to get there but it was so beautiful.

"Like you that night."

Just that night?

"Oh come on. Why do you always gotta be like that.. I'm trying to be cute!"

You are cute baby, I apologize.

There was a blanket spread on the soft white sand.

"Wait here", she said. She disappeared behind a big rock.
I heard a door slam.

She walked back with a big basket and a few candles.

"Just 1 more minute, I promise." I smiled and nodded.

She ran to the blanket and set everything up.

She quickly came back and grabbed my hand.

"Ready?", she asked. I nodded. "Are you?", I said giggling. She smiled. "Totally."

She lead me to the spot and sat me down. She lit the candles and sat right beside me.

She took a deep sigh. "Okay, the hardest part. I brought food, but I have no idea what you eat so I brought a little bit of everything.

She took out a few boxes.

"I got pasta, meat, salad, sandwiches, vegetables.. Are you a vegan?", she said. "No way." "Thank god." We both laughed. "So what are you hungry for." "Surprise me", I said smiling.

"I was so happy you weren't a vegan. I eat meat every day. I'm in love with to greasy cheeseburgers. I'd dump your ass if you were a vegan."

Excuse me? You'd dump my ass? What if i became a vegan now?

"Oh, I uh, I don't know. I love you!"

Save it.