Chapter 3

I finished my shift and walked out. "See you tomorrow John!", I said. "See ya!"

I took out my phone and rang Zoey. "Hey!", she said. "Hey!" "So what are the plans tonight?", I asked. "Well, there's a party at Chris tonight. Wanna go?", she asked. "Absolutely!", I said. "Great! I'll pick you up at 8", she said. That's when I spotted her.

Demi.

"Alex?", Zoey said. "9. Yeah sure. See you then!" I hung up and walked up to Demi. "Are you cheating on me already?", I asked. She turned around. "What?", she asked. I laughed. "The coffee." She laughed. "Well I didn't see you anymore so I had to go somewhere else", she said. She sounded shy, but it was cute. I laughed.

"That sounds so weird."

You are weird, so it's fine.

"Fuck you."

"I forgive you", I said.
"So where are you going? Looks like you've been here all day." "Oh I was just uhm, I was just walking around. Enjoying the weather", she said. Her face turned bright red. I giggled. "Well it was nice bumping into you", I said. "But I'm meeting up with a friend. See you later", I said. "Yeah, see you later."

I walked away when I heard her voice again. "Alex?", she said. I turned around. "Yeah", I said smiling. She was quiet for a while. "May I uh, may I have your phone number? I'd like to see you again. Maybe.. outside of work?", she said. Her face went back to bright red. I smiled and blushed a little myself. "Of course", I said. She handed me her phone. I added myself to her contacts and handed it back. "Don't make me wait for that call too long, okay?", I said and winked. "Promise", she said. I smiled. "See you later." "Yeah, see you later." We both smiled and I walked away.

"You weren't like that at all.. You were shy as fuck!"

Just let me tell them my side of the story okay?!

Okay so..

Not 5 minutes later, I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out of my back pocket. It was a text from an unknown number.

"Hey :) Told you you wouldn't have to wait too long. Sorry it's not a phone call."

I smiled.

"Hey! It's totally fine. I was getting worried already hahaha."

I put away my phone.

There was something different about this girl, and I liked it.

--------

I got home and looked at the clock. 6.23 pm. I had about 2.5 hours to get ready for the party with Zoey. I decided to take a hot shower and do my hair real nice.

"I'm sorry but what does this have to do with the story?"

Its just part of it okay? Will you let me finish for once, please?

I turned on the shower and picked out a nice outfit. I chose a black, ripped skinny jeans, a white v neck top that was a bit oversized and my black high heels. I also took out a dark red flannel to wear around my waist.

I stripped down and hopped in the shower.

"Hold on. I don't think that part is for everyone."

Relax, that's all I'm saying about it.

But all I could think of, was Demi. I couldn't get her out of my mind. I really wanted to get to know her better.