Chapter 20

Demi's pov.

We did have a major fight after our engagement. She thought I cheated, but I didnt. I just didn't know how to prove it.

Alex was cleaning up our car. You know, getting out the empty mcdonalds cups, bags and burger wrappers.

After a while she came walking inside, holding a necklace. 
"Who's is this?", she asked. I was quiet for a while.
"I asked you a question Demi."
"I don't know..", I said. And I really didn't.

She threw it at me. And went upstairs. I grabbed the necklace but didn't even bother to look at it. I ran after her.

I heard her cry in our bedroom.

I softly knocked on the door.
"Alex?", I said. "Don't..", she said. Her eyes that once had so much light in them, were now dark. "What's wrong?", I said. "Don't pretend like you don't know.. you damn well what's wrong. You've been cheating Demi.. That's the only realistic explenation. After everything I've done for you.. Everything we've been through together.."

My heart broke at her words.

"How could you think I'd cheat on you?.. There's no one else on this earth I'd choose over you. I thought you knew me better than that", I said.

"Then who's necklace is it? The toothfairy?", she said.

I giggled.

"This isn't funny Demi.."

"I don't know who's necklace it is. I haven't even looked at it", I said.

She just sat on the bed. She has no idea what to do. So I sat beside her, but from a safe distance.

"I wouldn't even be able to live with myself if I'd cheat on you", I said breaking the silence.

"I want to believe you.. But there's still no explanation for the necklace.."

I stood up. "Wait here", I said.

I ran downstairs and grabbed the necklace. It looked familiar but I just couldn't think of the person it was from.

I went back upstairs when I finally realised who's necklace it was.

"It's my sister's", I said standing in the doorway.

She looked up. "What?"

I walked up to her.

"It's my sister's necklace. She must have forgotten it when she was here last week. She had just bought it so I didn't recognize it."

She looked down and let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry..", she said.

"What was that?", I asked smiling.

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. I was just hoping you trusted me", I said.
I turned around and placed the necklace on my nightstand so I wouldn't forget about it.

Then I suddenly felt arms around me.

"I do trust you. I just, I didn't know what else to think.."

I turned around to face her.

"It's okay", I said. "Just don't think about me like that anymore. I'd never cheat on you. Never ever."
I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

She hugged my tight.

"Do you still love me?", she asked pouting.

"Mmh I don't know.. I mean, you really hurt me.."

She hit my arm.

"Of course I still love you, idiot. I'll never be able to stop doing that."

I cupped her face and pressed my lips against hers.

Then I went to call my sister about her necklace. Which she indeed forgot. I had to send it in the mail, since she was back in Texas.

I walked back into our bedroom.
"That was my sister", I said. "In case you didn't trust me."

She just looked at me.

"I apologised..", she said.

I grabbed her hands, and said "I know baby. I was kidding."

"I hate you..", she said as she tried to pull her hands back. "What do you think you're doing?", I said and I pulled her closer. "I just need some fresh air." I nodded. "Sure", I said as I lifted her up. "Let's go get some fresh air."

Then I finally saw that beautiful smile I was waiting for.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

"You can put me down now. I'm heavy", she said. But I didn't want to.
I wanted to hold her forever.
So as we got in the yard, I sat her the bench and pulled into my side when I sat next to her.

"I'm never letting you go", I said. She looked at me and said "Good, because I'm not going anywhere."
Which made me smile. I was glad this wasn't a one sided feeling.

I was going to loving her forever. That was one thing I knew for sure.