Chapter 8

"Alex' pov."

We hope you're liking our story so far. It really means a lot to us that you're still interested in how we met and everything around it. Enjoy the next chapter! (Which is 4 days after our first date)

I hadn't heard from Demi since our date. She had send me a text after she left but that's it. It said "I had a great time. Thanks for being so understanding and sweet. Can't wait till date number 2. Sweet dreams, xx dems."

That's why I was so confused about it. She didn't stop by at the cafe, she didn't call, no texts.

"You know I was afraid you'd reject me."

Yeah I knew that when I bumped into you and asked you about it. Which I'm going to tell them now.

So I was on my way to work. I looked for the keys in my bag when I bumped into Demi. I looked up, and started apologizing. "I'm sorry, I should've watched where I was going." I didn't realise it was her until she spoke. "I'm the one that's supposed to apologize", she said. I waited for her to speak up, but she didn't.

"Why didn't you call? Or even text?", I said breaking the ice. It was quiet.
"Look I have to go to work. You can either come with me and talk, or just move along."

"I want to talk", she said. I nodded. "Come on then.

We got at the cafe and I unlocked the door. "Come in", I said. "Do you want coffee?", I asked. "I'm good, thanks."
I nodded.

I got myself an espresso and sat in front of her.

"So what's up?", I asked. "I just.. I thought you weren't interested in me anymore. I expected you to google me or something. I thought you didn't want anything to do with me because of who I am or what I've done in the past."
"What makes you think that?"
"Well, no one ever sticked around. They would use my past against me and I'd cut them off immediately."

I reached for her hand.

"I'm not that kind of person. I accept you for who you are and what you've done. Not everyone is against you Demi. I promise."

She smiled.

And I still accept you. There's just a tiny bit wrong with you. That's all.

(Demi hits Alex' arm playfully)

"Shut up!"

But I still love you.

"I love me too."

Oh you're on missy..

Anyways, we talked a bit until I had to open up the cafe. We agreed on a second date, tomorrow night. I wanted to show her that none of it mattered to me. You know, her past and her fame. She's still the girl I noticed at the cafe that day, and that wouldn't change.

"You did ask me to sing for you, multiple times"

Well duh, I knew you were a singer now. How can I not ask for a private concert of THE Demi Lovato.

"True. Don't mind singing for you tho."

So I opened the cafe at 9 am sharp. John had his day off, like ever thursday. And Demi stayed around for a bit. She helped me clean up the tables and I taught her how to make coffee in exchange.

She was determined to buy a machine for herself. Since she loved doing it.

"You should come over when I get one. You know, help me set it up and stuff", she said. "Sure", I said with a smirk on my face.

It was a relaxing day. Not many customers, and I had a great girl keeping me company.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get us something to eat", she said. "Sounds good", I said. She pecked my lips and walked out.

"Well that was surprising..", I said to myself.

"You know I was nervous!"

I know, and so was I. But I never saw it coming.

"Well, me either. I just didn't really think about what I was doing. I guess I had no choice."

I had no problem with that at all.

(They kiss)

It took her a while to come back, but she did.

"What took you so long?", I asked. "I uh, I'm sorry. I don't.."
I cut her off by pressing my lips on hers. We pulled away when someone walked in. Demi quickly walked to the back and I went back to the register.

"Hi, how may I help you?", I asked. "1 coffe to go please", the man asked. "Coming right up."

I turned to the coffee machine and did my routine. While waiting for the coffee to finish, I looked through the window and saw Demi. I smiled and winked at her before I turned around.

"That'll be 2.35 please", I said. He handed me the money. "Thanks. Have a nice day!" He nodded and left.

"Well that was quite rude", Demi said walking back inside. "I'm used to it", I said dying to kiss her again.

I decided to take it a bit slower from here. I mean, we knew each other for like 3 days and went on 1 date.

"You know, I did want you to keep kissing me tho."

Really?

"Yeah.. Really."

Well fuck.