Chapter 9

Demi's pov.

I was getting ready for our 2nd date. And yet again, I was nervous as hell. I knew she liked me, but still.

"How did you know I liked you?"

Makeout session at the cafe maybe.

"Continue.."

Thank you.

So, I was getting ready.

"Should I go for hot, or cute", I said to myself. I picked out two outfits. One practically said, fuck me. And the other one said, I'm a good girl. In the way of, a nice person.

I decided to go for hot.

It was a black ripped skinny jeans, a sleeveless, red, silky top with a deep v neck and a black jacket. Don't forget my black high heels.

I was ready to go when my phone rang. My mom.

"Hey mom. What's up?", I said. "Hi baby. Just check up on you. How are doing?", she said. "Great actually. I'm about to meet up with this really cute girl. How are you guys?"
"That's great honey! Have fun! We're good. Same as always."
"Good to hear. I gotta go. I'm running late. I'll call you tomorrow! Say hi for me to everyone." "I will. Have fun honey. Be safe!" "Bye mom!"

I hung up and grabbed my purse and keys. I was picking her up at her house.

I drove around, looking for the right address. When I finally got there I parked my car. I let out a deep sigh and got out. "You got this Dems", I said to myself when walking to her front door. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for her to open the door.

"You better tell the whole story."

Fine..

So I rang the doorbell. An old lady opened up. "Hi, uh, is Alex home?", I said. "I'm sorry? Alex?", she said.

Yeah yeah, you can stop laughing now.

"Dems", I heard from my left. I looked over and saw Alex peeking out her front door. "Fuck", I said to myself.

"Sorry for bothering you ma'am. Have a nice day."

I walked towards and laughed to myself. "You bitch", I said. "How is that my fault. You just had the wrong house." "You're right, I'm sorry", I said as I got to her.

"Woah.. You look uh.. You look.. Hot", she said. I felt my cheeks turning red. "You're not so bad yourself either", I said trying to stay cool.

She actually looked mesmerizing. She was wearing a red dress which hugged her curves perfectly. Her makeup wasn't much but it was enough. And when my eyes trailed down her gorgeous legs, I noticed a pair of black vans.

"Keeping it casual?", I asked. "Can't go a day without my vans", she simply said. "Well you look beautiful", I said. She smiled. "Thank you."

"Shall we go?", she asked. I nodded. She grabbed her keys and purse and stepped outside. She locked our arms together as we walked to my car.

"So what's the plan?", she asked. "Just a casual diner. Maybe a movie at my place afterwards?", I said hoping she'd say yes. She smiled. "Sure. Sounds great."

On the way to the restaurant, I kept noticing Alex was staring me. But every time I looked her way, she kept her eyes on the road.

"I was so not staring at you!"

Yes you were.

"Okay yes, maybe a little."

Told you.

Okay so, we got to the restaurant. And I got out of the car. I waited for Alex to come out, but it took her a while. I walked over to her side when she pointed to the door lock.

"It's locked", I heard her say. I pretended like I didn't hear so I just turned around. She kept pounding on the window. "Open up! Dems it's not fun!" I turned around, noticing Alex' hand on the window. She started pouting, which was impossible to say no to. I sighed and unlocked the door. When she finally got out, she hit my arm.

"Finally!", she said. "You were just going to let me die in there." "Why would I let you die in there. I need to drive that car for about 1 more year. I'm not driving around with a dead body inside", I said joking. She raised her left eyebrow.
"Fine. But when you die in mine, I'll just sell the damn thing." I laughed and grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry okay? I was just joking around a bit." "It's fine", she said smiling. She intertwined our fingers and we walked to the restaurant.