Chapter 2

I'm Demi. I'm 23 years old and well, you can guess it, I'm a singer. I'm originally from Dallas but I'd been living in Los Angeles for a few months before I met Alex.

Now let me tell you my part off the story. I mean, Alex is the best. But come on, she's great at making things up.

This is what really happened.

I woke up early and had breakfast. I looked outside, and the sun was shining. It was such a beautiful day so I just wanted to get out and walk around Los Angeles.

I walked past this cute little cafe and walked inside, planning to just get a coffee to go. When I got a the counter, a girl came up to me. "Good morning! How may I help you?", she asked politely. "Morning", I said. "I'd like a cappuccino please." "Do you want it to go?", she asked. At first I wanted to, yeah. But I was actually hoping to talk to her. I mean, she was cute as hell.

"I'll finish it here if that's okay, thank you", I said. "Take a seat. I'll bring it up to you", she said smiling. I smiled back.

I took out my phone and sat in a booth in the corner of the cafe.

The girl walked up to me and put down my cappuccino. "Looks really good, thank you", I said. "You're welcome", she said smiling. She then took the cup that was already on the table, and a newspaper. "I'm sorry, was someone sitting here?", I asked wanting to stand up. "Me actually", she said. "But it's okay. I have to start in like 15 minutes. I have to get ready." She smiled and walked away. "Wait", I said without thinking. She turned around. "Sit down", I said. "Oh thank you, but I should uhm.." "Please?", I said cutting her off. "Fine", she said. She sat across for me.

"How did you get so good at these?", I asked looking at the cloud shaped cappuccino. "A lot of practice", she said smiling.

"It was a heart and you know it!"

It was definitely something like a cloud.

Her smile was so beautiful. One that could light up the night sky.

I quickly finished my cappuccino. To be honest, I was quite nervous and I didn't know what to talk about.

I stood up and reached for my wallet. "How much do I owe you?", I asked. "It's on me", she said smiling.
"Thank you." "I'll definitely be back soon." I winked and walked away.
"Wait", she suddenly said. I turned around.

"What's your name?", she asked. I felt a smile form on my face.

"Demi."

I turned back around and walked out. Then I realized I forgot to ask for her name. I quickly walked back and peeked my head around the door. "What's yours?", I asked.

She turned around and smiled. "It's Alex", she said. I smiled and nodded. I walked away again.

"Alex", I said to myself. I smiled.

I really wanted to see her again.

"I never smiled when you came back. You scared the shit out of me."

Just, let me tell them my story okay?

"Oh no, you keep interrupting mine. So I'll do the same with you."