F I F T E E N

"Hey, beautiful." A smooth voice greeted me with a quick peck on the cheek.

It was now Friday, the day of the football game and Tom and I's date after the game.

Sasha wiggled her eyebrows & gestured behind me.

I turned to see Tom wearing a giant smile on his face, his long black hair was slicked back and he was proudly sporting his varsity jacket which fit him perfectly. He shoved one hand in his pocket & gripped his backpack with the other as it hung casually on one shoulder. "Ready for the big game tonight?"

"I should be asking that to you." I laughed as I closed my locker.

He joined in. "I mean, after the game." His eyes sparkling with joy as he laughed. "I really can't wait for tonight." He said in a more serious tone as he leaned against the locker next to mine and gazed into my eyes.

For a moment, I felt myself getting lost in his dreamy blue-grey eyes until the bell interrupted our little moment. I quickly pulled myself together, shoving my notebook into my bag, while Tom stepped back bringing his hand to the back of his neck.

"Oh, I-" He cleared his throat. "I-uh wanted to- well I don't know if you would like- I mean you don't have-" He stumbled over his words & I truly couldn't believe that here the most popular jock in school was here standing in front of me, tripping over his words.

I looked up at him with a small encouraging smile, waiting for what he was trying to say. His cheeks were now red & he glanced nervously around the hallways.

"It's fine." I brushed off whatever he was about to say, ready to head to my first class.

"No, wait. Here." I watched as he shrugged off the varsity jacket from his shoulders & held it out for me.

I looked from the jacket to him then back at the jacket again.

He pushed the jacket out towards me and I turned around, slipping my arms through the sleeves as he helped me put on the piece of wardrobe he had earned. A chorus of 'awww's' could be heard as Chelsea, Sasha & Alice looked on.

"It looks even better on you." He complimented as I turned around to face him.

I laughed. "Seriously? I'm practically swimming in it!" I exclaimed as I looked down at the sleeves that went long past my fingertips. With Tom's towering height, he must've ordered the largest size as the hem of the jacket hit right at my mid thigh.

He nudged my shoulder playfully. "You look cute in it. You should wear my clothes more often." He flashed his signature smile.

My heart skipped a beat at his words and I couldn't tell if it was because he was hinting at the fact that we might have more of a future or because I wasn't really sure if I wanted one with him. I hadn't really thought about the idea of us past tonight. The idea of being with Tom sounded fun & I enjoyed every minute with him, I just wasn't sure if it was something I'd want long-term.

"See you around, superstar." He leaned down & whispered in my ear, giving a lingering kiss on the cheek before making his way down the halls.

"Ooooh, look at youuuu!" Sasha sang as soon as Tom left & I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Oh hush. Let's go to study hall." I smiled playfully at her as I walked to my first class, her following close behind.

"Do you know how many girls would die to be in your exact position right now? Me included." She continued as we entered study hall.

"Okay, but doesn't it seem weird to you how he's been so polite? Isn't that unlike him?" I asked her as we took our seats in the back. 

A quick glance to the front of the classroom told me we had Mrs. Karlsson as our monitor this morning, just as it has been for the past days this entire week.