E I G H T Y - E I G H T

Although I had more favors to do, my chest felt lighter as I drove away from Jade and Brandon's house. 

The awkward incident at the fundraiser wasn't even mentioned once. Part of me felt dumb for making it way worse than it actually was and fretting over it all week. 

The greater part of me felt guilty for even thinking Daniel and I's relationship would matter that much to Jade when she had so many other much important things going on. 

She wasn't avoiding me at the hospital. 

She was busy with Brandon and her kids. 

She wasn't giving me harsh glances. 

I was avoiding her gaze. 

I let out a sigh as I adjusted my grip on the steering wheel and pulled up to Jade's gown boutique. 

This wasn't exactly how I planned on spending my Saturday. And ever since I left the rink, Chelsea's voice in my head grew louder and louder. 

But I was just glad the air was cleared between Jade and I, and she trusted me enough to do more favors for her. 

And even though I had to run more errands, it was to help Daniel. And as long as I got to be with him, that's all that mattered. 

Besides, it wouldn't be like this forever. 

Daniel and I didn't spend everyday like this. 

Brandon was coming home today, so that meant no more hospital visits . . . hopefully. 

Not to mention, graduation was coming up in just a few weeks so we wouldn't have to be so careful about sneaking around anymore. 

A small smile spread on my face as I imagined graduation day and finally spending time with Daniel at anytime we wanted, whenever we wanted. 

Excitement bubbled within me.

Yeah . . . to be with him, doing all these favors was worth it. 

I walked up to the shop with a small spring in my step and opened the door to find the shop bustling with excitement. 

"Hi!" the friendly young lady at the counter smiled at me. 

I smiled back before weaving my way through the crowd and stepping up to the counter. "Delivery from Jade." I handed her the list.

"Perfect! We've been all day waiting for this!" she exclaimed before turning over her shoulder. "Sasha!"

I paused before knitting my eyebrows. "Sasha?"

"Uh-huh!" The cashier nodded. "We're all helping with the fashion show! You going?"

"Uh . . ." I began as my mind began to draw about thousand different ways the show could go if Sasha really was somehow involved in all of this. "Let's hope so!" I let out a laugh. 

"Alright!" She joined in.

With one last smile and wave, I turned and left while my mind was still stuck on Sasha and why she could possibly even be here. Maybe it wasn't even the same Sasha I knew. Maybe I was thinking too much about all of this. 

Just like how I was thinking too much about the awkward encounter at the fundraiser last week. 

Hoping back in my car, I brushed it off and focused on what was most important now - seeing Daniel. 

He text me a couple times, asking how I was doing with Bennie and Jenny. I assured him everything was fine. He then replied, letting me know he'd be at Jade's soon with Brandon.