N I N E T Y - E I G H T

"Darling, this is not studying." 

I pressed my lips to his skin where his jaw met his neck. "Yes, it is."   

"This is studying?"

"Mhm. It's how we studied for my Algebra 2 exam."

He pulled away, his eyes meeting mine with a confused expression. "When did I help you study for Algebra 2?"

"The first time we got together." I traced my fingers along his collar. "Remember?"

He gave me a look. "That was not studying."

"No, but I did really well." I wrapped my hands around his neck, tangling my fingers through his hair at the back of his head.

"Seriously?" He raised his eyebrows as an excited smile lit up his face in the most adorable expression ever.  "I never asked. That's amazing!" His hands squeezed my hips. 

My heart swelled with admiration as I looked at him. "Thank you for your help." I trailed my fingers along the buttons of his dark green polo shirt before lifting my eyes to him. 

"Of course," he said his voice soft, causing me to become puddy in his hands. 

My hands ran over his chest, feeling the firm muscles there flex beneath my touch. "You know you look amazing in this color?" I lifted my gaze to meet his.

The twinkle in his eye returned as the corners of his lips turned up slightly. "Yeah?"

"Mhm." I nodded, smoothing my hands over his strong shoulders. "The green brings out your eyes beautifully."

"I have no idea what that means, but okay," he said with a small chuckle before leaning forward and reconnecting our lips again. 

I laughed into kiss as my fingers drove into his hair and he hummed appreciatively against my lips, walking us backwards. 

My back hit the wall and suddenly my neck burned. My head spun. 

Daniel's fingertips ran along my sides, causing goosebumps to follow each of his traces as if reminding me that I was here with him. Here with him, I was okay. 

I pushed anymore pesky dark thoughts to the back of my mind and deepened the kiss. 

His tongue met mine, the sweet taste of cinnamon and sugar lingered from the cinnamon rolls we had helped ourselves to on the way over here. The heat from his body radiated onto mine, clouding my thoughts. He wrapped his tongue wrapped around mine, making my knees go weak and I was suddenly grateful for the wall behind me. 

"You're freezing, angel." His breathing was ragged as he rest his forehead against mine. 

"They're just goosebumps," I assured him.

He leaned in toward me, his strong scent of pine trees combined with a soothing freshness filling my senses. His face was so close now I could see small specks of gold shimmering in his chestnut colored eyes. His nose grazed against mine, causing my breath to hitch.

"Guess it's time to warm up," he murmured lowly as he inched closer, causing my heart to flip. His lips hovered over mine as our gazes connected. "That was awfully corny. I am so sorry," he apologized causing me to giggle before he tilted his head and connected his lips to mine.