S I X T Y - O N E

"He canceled the test?!" Sasha seethed as she pulled out a chair and sat at our table in history class.  "Are you kidding me?!"

"He didn't cancel it. He made it open note," Chelsea pointed out from her seat beside me. 

"Do you know how late I stayed up studying for it?!" 

"You study?!" Tom asked, a smirk painted on his lips as he walked past us and over to his table on the other side of the classroom.

"You don't?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

Kelsey leaned forward across the table to look at Sasha. "What are you so mad about? He's basically letting us cheat." 

"Honestly," Brooke spoke up next to her, twirling her pencil. "Shoutout to whatever student is hooking up with him because now we have new groups for the project and open note tests." A playful smile grew on her lips as she looked at us and we all laughed. 

"Hm." Kelsey glanced over at Daniel talking with another student by his desk. "Then maybe all teachers should hook up with students . . ."

Chelsea's eyes went wide. "Whoaaa."

"I call Mr. Schottenberg." Sasha raised her hand, her face completely serious.

I gasped at her with a laugh. "Stop!!" 

She stuck her tongue out at me playfully. "Don't be jealous, Mads." 

"Kinda hard not to be." I gave her a teasing smile.

"Seriously. What is it with you and Mr. Schottenberg?" Kelsey dropped her pencil, looking at Sasha. 

"I don't know. Something about that hearing aid . . ." Sasha sighed. "And the way he calls me a different name each time . . ."

"Yeah, cause he can't remember any of our names," Chelsea said dryly. 

I stifled a laugh as I flipped through my test.

"Being with a teacher does sound kinda hot though . . ." Kelsey drifted off, her gaze shifting to Daniel once again. "Wonder what he's like."

Sasha sat up in her seat. "Well, Mr. Schottenberg--

"No one wants to hear about Mr. Schottenberg," Chelsea cut in sternly, slamming her hands on the table as she glared at Sasha. "Especially like that."

Sasha gaped at her mockingly, a smile growing on her lips. "Are you jealous too, Chels?"

Chelsea rolled her eyes. "Oh my gosh." 

"I mean, I can't blame you." Sasha tossed her sleek blonde hair over her shoulder with a smirk.

Kelsey gave her a look. "He can't be all that great."

"Are you kidding? He's incredible. Especially in bed. Could be there for hours."

I gawked at her. "Sasha!!"

She let out a laugh and I couldn't help but laugh along. 

"You are the worst!!" I exclaimed in between laughs. 

"That makes two of us, babe," she replied, making us laugh even harder. 

"Surely the test can't be that amusing." 

We both looked up to see Daniel stepping up to our table, not amused in the slightest. For a second, I almost forgot we were in his class . . .

Supposed to be taking a test . . . 

Oops. 

"I mean, no but . . ." Sasha trailed off, her eyes meeting mine before we burst into giggles again.