N I N E T Y - T H R E E

The twinkle in Daniel's eyes and smile on his lips lingered in my mind the whole time Chelsea and I carefully placed everything back before slipping out of the room. So many questions still swirled through my mind but if he was happy, so was I.

"There's no way you're that happy after just being in the teacher's lounge," Chelsea as we stepped out into the hallway.

"You mean after our five-star super extravagant luncheon?" I turned to her with a playful smile. 

"That was fun, wasn't it? Kinda wish it didn't have to end so fast though." She turned to me with a pout. 

"Who said it's over?" I shrugged as we walked through the empty hallway. "The teacher's lounge isn't the only place we could have our luncheon . . ."

A smile slowly grew on her face. "Pizza?"

I gasped with excitement. "Mind reader." 

The bell suddenly rang, indicating the end of our half day as a wave of students slowly began to fill the halls.

Chelsea nodded. "I'll go find Alice, Tyler, and Ben so they can join us."

"Perfect!" I nodded with excitement. "I just need to get a few things from my locker and I'll meet you out front."

"Deal." She disappeared in the crowded hallway as I headed toward my locker.

I grabbed the books I needed to study for my final tomorrow before slamming my locker shut, only to reveal Tom standing right next to me.

I jumped back with a gasp.

"Hi you," he greeted with a smirk.

"Wow, Tom. You scared me." I rolled my eyes as I put my books in my bag.

He let out a chuckle. "Sorry."

I sighed as I looked up at him. "How long were you standing there?"

"Not that long. Just enough to find . . ." He brought out his yearbook from under his arm " . . . a spot for you to sign."

I gave him a confused look. "Sign?" 

"My yearbook, remember?" He held up his yearbook to me with a grin.

"Oh, right!" I nodded along, taking it. "Um, do you have a pen?"

"Yeah, here." He took the pen clipped on his collar, handing it to me. "Got rid of all your school stuff already?" he joked.

"Kinda over it," I rolled my eyes as I flipped through his yearbook.

"Yeah, same here."

"Can't blame you. I mean, you know you're literally about to be drafted but you're stuck here taking tests."

He shrugged. "It's not all that bad." A smile tugged on his lips as his blue eyes pierced through me.

I averted my gaze to his yearbook. "Um, where should I sign?"

"Anywhere. Doesn't matter." He ran his hand through his dark hair. "Hey, how was the party by the way?"

"What party?" I knitted my eyebrows at him. 

"The teacher's lounge . . ."

"Oh!" I laughed, nodding along as I turned back to his yearbook. "Boring. All we did was study."

"Yeah. Okay." He smirked. 

I let out a small laugh as the hallway began to clear out. "How was your game this weekend?"

A perfect smile lit up his face. "We won!"

I gasped, looking up at him. "Seriously!"

"Yeah!" He chuckled, eagerly nodding his head.