Chapter Seven

I want to give a shout-out to _Beebotatochip_ for helping me with this story. If you look at my account, you can see that I haven't been updating anything in a while. I've been kinda in this "writers slump" and I couldn't write anything and I didn't feel like I could. But now, thanks to her, I'm back. Thank you guys so much to everyone who voted and commented. It helps me a lot and makes me smile. Here's a double update :)

~~~~~~~~

Brendon and Dallon sat across from each other at the table while Brooke sat on the floor reading a book. Brendon attempted to put her hair up in a pony-tail, even though he failed miserably. Dallon, luckily came to the recue and placed her hair in a braid.

"So the tour is in two months?" Dallon asked, writing stuff down on the piece of paper. They were thinking about songs to sing and what order to sing them in. Brendon was worried about it. Not that fact that he gets to travel, it's Brooke.

Brooke needs to start school soon and she hasn't traveled before in her life. Dallon asked if Brooke could go to Breezy for the tour or even hire a babysitter, but Brendon is against it. It has only been three days but he felt closer than ever to her.

The tour is going to last four months and Brendon doesn't know if he could leave Brooke for that long alone. What if something happened to her while I was gone? And I couldn't make it because I'm half a world away?  Brendon thought. He kept second guessing himself, no matter what he thought.

"Do- do you think it would be dangerous if I do bring her? I don't want to leave her alone but I don't know if it would be okay to travel with her. I mean she has school and everything but-" Brendon started to ramble at Dallon.

Dallon chuckled and placed his hand on Brendon's shoulder. "Calm down, Bren. You'll make yourself sick. Besides, Brooke is a nice kid. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we took her with us." he reassured.  Brendon nodded and smiled at his life-long friend.

Dallon took his hand off of Brendon's shoulder and picked up the pen once again. He looked down at the list of the songs. About ten songs in total.

"Victorious, Death Of A Bachelor, Emperor's New Clothes, Hallelujah, Crazy=Genius, Golden Days, The Good, The Bad, And The Dirty, Miss Jackson, I Write Sins Not Tragedies, And This Is Gospel is the songs right?" Dallon listed off.

"Yeah, I wanna sing the acoustic version." Brendon answered. He wanted to sing to acoustic for Brooke as it was her favorite song that was sung by him. He never knew why, but she always calms down once he starts singing to her.

Brendon shoot a glance at Brooke, who was still reading. She was still wearing her Pj's while her teddy bear was sitting between her crossed legs. Her long hair was pulled into a long braid and her lips were tugged into a smile, her dimples were large with the big smile on her face.

"Hey, Brooke?" Dallon called out to her. She stood up and walked over to the table that wasn't far from where she was sitting. While she was in the front room, the two men were sitting in the kitchen. The only think that separated them was the island that sat in the opened on the kitchen.

"Yes, Uncle Dally?" She said. Brooke wasn't a loud talker, as Brendon has realized. She hardly ever kicked or screamed and she was really a quiet and calm child. She was a kind-hearted and loved everything. But one thing was still on Brendon's mind.

That foster home. He wanted to know what they did there. Or better yet, what they did to the kids there. It seemed like a shady and a bad place. Brendon wants to take Ms. Ross to court for abuse, but he doesn't have enough proof. But he plans on doing that soon. They are going to regret what they kid to those kids, especially Brooke.

Brendon and Dallon smiled at her, as she lifted her arms up in the air, signaling that she wanted to be picked up by Brendon. Brendon reached down and sat her on his lap. Dallon gave the 'say it' look to Brendon.

Brendon knew what he meant. "So, Brooke, have you ever been to school?" Which Brooke shook her head no. "Well, I'm going to enroll you in a online school. Is that okay?" He asked again. She gave him a smile.

"I have another question." Dallon cut in. "What was it like at the foster home?" He said, being straight to the point. Brendon glared at him but Brooke bit her lip and looked down.

"Ms. Ross was always a meanie to me. She's would call me names and make fun of me. Mary was a big meanie too. She would push me and call me names. Mean names like bit-" She stopped trying to think of the right word. "Bwitch?" She finished with a guess.

Dallon's eyes widened as did Brendon's. They both knew what she meant by that. Mary would call her a bitch. But, luckily, she didn't know what that word meant. "Oh, uhm, p-princess don't say that okay? Its a bad word." Brendon stuttered.

"Okay. I'm sorry daddy." Brooke said lightly. Brendon thought this was enough. Enough is enough, these people that abused his daughter need to taken to jail.

"No, it's not your fault Babygirl. I'll talk to them later." Brendon said. Brookes eyes widened and she started to breath heavy. The two men looked at her with confusion.

"Pwease no!" She cried out. "T- then Mrs. Ross will come after me a- an-" She gasped. It was clear that she was having a panic(!) attack. Brendon kissed her and shushed her lightly in an attempt to calm her down.

It upset him even more to know that these people gave Brooke panic attacks.

Brooke clutched Brendon shirt and gently sobbed. Dallon looked at the two with worry all over his face. Brendon wrapped his arms around her more and tugged her closer to his chest.

"Its okay princess. They'll never hurt you. They can't harm you anymore. I won't let them." Brendon whispered.