Chapter Thirty One

Wow. I'm sorry, I haven't updating in years. I've been busy with school and friends. I know that's a shitty excuse but that's all I have.

Enjoy!

***

The gentle sun shinned through the window. The cold morning air was crisp through out the out. Ryan woke up, yawning. He looked over and was met with Brendon's chest. Of course, Brendon's heavy arms held Ryan close to his chest. Ryan's face was against Brendon's shirtless, toned body. His left hand was laying softly on the hard chest of Brendon. Ryan chuckled, his chest vibrating as he looked down at the man. A groan came from Brendon's mouth. 

"No," Brendon whispered, dragging out the 'o' vowel, as he snuggled Ryan into his chest more. He slightly resembled a child who didn't get what they want. Ryan awww'd at the childishness in his voice. "Stay, please." He left  out a huff, squeezing Ryan once more. Brendon was in a between sleeping state. Brendon could feel, but he's either too lazy or he doesn't want to open his eyes. 

"We have things to do today." Ryan whined. "We still have to go by the police office today for Brooke, remember?" Ryan said. It was true, Brendon had made an appointment for Brooke to tell the police of what that man did to her. Even in his sleepy state, he felt his anger. He sighed and looked at Ryan, gentle sitting up.

"I know, but-" Brendon cut himself off, sighing sadly. He pushed his back up to the head board, resting his head gently against the wood. He sighed, rubbing his hand over his eyes. "You know," Brendon sighed, a frown appearing on his face. He felt like a horrible father, as he wasn't around to see his daughter be born, to grow up, and he didn't protect her from that man- all the things that he believed fathers should do. Even if he's taking care of Brooke now, he still feels a pain in his heart, and the guilt was eating at him.

"Brendon, It's fine remember? We'll talk to them and find out the truth and then this man can go to jail for what he did." Ryan said calmly. He was extremely upset that that man would do that to Brooke, but he continued a calm state, for Brendon.

"I know, I know. It's just that- I feel horrible..." Brendon trailed off, his voice growing quieter at the end. Ryan was now sitting to him, his hand firmly placed on Brendon's knee.

"I'm always here, Brendon. You can talk to me. What's been bugging you?" Ryan said. Brendon sighed for what felt like the millionth time.

"I- I just wish I could change somethings. I wish I could have seen Brooke grow up, or even be born. I could have been around to protect her from what that man did. I could have prevented her from going into that orphanage. I could have done all that, but I didn't. God, I'm such a horrible fucking parent." A strag tear brushed down his face.

"That's not true, Brendon! You are seeing Brooke grow up now, you weren't around for her birth but you are here now. Besides, what that man did was horrible. But it's not your fault! You were younger, but now you have Brooke, who will love you forever. You are an amazing father to her. She was extremely underweight when you found her, but look at her now. Brooke is a heathy four year old, who has her uncles around her to protect her, and someone to always lean on." Ryan breathed. Brendon could help but smile.

"Yeah- yeah, that is true. Thanks Ryan, it means a lot." His lips circled up in to a smile.

"Come on! Let wake up Brooke and let's go put that fucker in jail." Ryan smiled. Brendon smiled back, interlocking their hands together.

~~₩~~

Ayyyye short chapter. I don't know how I feel about this chapter. Buuuuuuut there we go.

IM AT SCHOOL SO BYE

- THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-