Chapter Twenty Six

Once the three where dressed,they headed towards the park that was only a mile away. They thought it was best to walk than take a car, since it was such a nice day. The air was getting colder, as it nearing Fall. Leaves turned a crisp, beautiful color that danced across the ground. It smell of moist grasses, and the gentle sun. Fall was Ryan's favorite season on the year. He nearly jumped with joy when the leaves started to change. Brendon could help but chuckle at the childish look on Ryan's face. Brooke was standing in between the two men, while holding each of their hands. 

Brooke was dressed in warmer clothing. A white cotton nit, long sleeve sweater that draped past her knees, her thick leggings wrapped around her small legs, and her boots covered her feet. Brendon placed his black beanie over her head. Brooke's brown hair was brushed off of her face. There was a smile across her face, flashing her pearly white teeth, she was happy to go outside. Ryan was also happy about the fact that Brendon and him are going on a date. He'd honestly never think that anything would ever happen between the two, but he stood corrected.    

Brendon looked similarly dressed. He was wearing a button up black, long sleeve shirt, with blue jeans, and his normal conserves. Like father, like daughter, they where both wearing beanies. They differ in the color, as Brendon's was blue. While Ryan, on the other hand, was dressed in Brendon's clothing. Ryan had some clothing, but Brendon wanted Ryan to dress warmer. So Ryan is dressed in a Panic! At The Disco hoodie, black jeans, and boots. Brendon couldn't contain his laughter at how adorable Ryan looked. 

Now, they are sitting on a blanket on the ground. The area that the park was placed in a hidden area, so not a lot of people were around. At this time though, no one was at the park. They set the basket of food, which they packed before they left, on the ground. Brendon smiled at Ryan and they each took a bite. Ryan chuckled as Brendon got a piece of food on his forehead. 

Brooke was running around with another girl, which had just appeared. The girl was about the same age as Brooke, she had medium blonde hair and blue eyes. Brendon was  a little hesitant to let Brooke play with the girl, but Ryan told him not to interfere. It was nice for Brooke to finally make some friends that are her age. 

They both came up to the two men, giggling. The girl was slightly taller than Brooke. The girl was dressed in a blue long sleeve sweeter, dark blue jeans, and converses. She seemed to be alone, with no parents or family members around. "This is Kate!" Cheered Brooke. She seemed really happy about Kate being there. Brendon and Ryan smiled. 

"Hello Kate," Brendon smiled. "Would you like to join us for lunch?" He asked. Brooke looked at Kate excitedly, which caused the two, to giggle and sit down on the blanket. Ryan passed the two sandwich and (since Brendon didn't want them to have soda), they were handed grape juice boxes. The two children happily slipped on the juice and munched on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kate and Brooke seemed to babble about nearly nothing, but they found it quite funny. 

"Do wanna be friends?" Kate said in a cheery voice. Brooke gasped and giggled happily. Ryan and Brendon could help but watch the two with a smile. Brooke has finally made a friend that is not her family members, or someone that her age. Brooke and Kate seemed to be the same age, but they acted like they have known each other forever. Brooke seemed to jump with excitement. 

"Mega best friends?" Brooke waved her hands in the hands. Kate laughed and nodded her head. Brendon released a chuckle watching the two talk back and forth. Brendon reached over and tucked his hand into Ryan's. Ryan turned and gave a smile to Brendon. Ryan leaned over and placed his head into the crook of Brendon's neck.

"This is fun, babe." Brendon whispered into Ryan's ear. 

***** 

Double update! 

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-