Chapter Twenty Nine

Ryan's chest hurt. He'd had been crying for hours. Brooke was in the other room, not that she wanted to, but Ryan locked himself in the bathroom. Ryan wishes this day would just end. He regrets ever going to that playdate. Brooke wanted to help Ryan, but Ryan asked to left alone. He felt bad, for leaving Brooke alone at home. But Ryan didn't want Brooke to see the state of mind that he is in. His palms hurt from them being pushed against the ground, while his back laid against the hard-wall of the bathtub.  

---

"Wait is this the guy, Ryan, that you were talking about?" The woman asked, glaring at the man. Brooke swung her hand back in forth in Ryan's hand. Ryan was speechless as the bleach-blond gasped falsely, lowering her large, black eyelashes. They, of course, weren't real, but they were covered with endless layers of make up. Her dress was tight, and it seemed like if she moved, the dress would rip. If Brendon wasn't clear in his mind, Ryan might have fallen for Amy's cheep tactics. Her long, bright red nails expended into a long, bony point. Amy's crystal dark grey eyes, which looked a black color, were slits as she glared at Ryan and the small child. 

Ryan cleared his throat and pulled Brooke closer. "I- we'll- jus-." Ryan was cut off by Amy. Amy took a step forward, causing Ryan to back up worryingly. Brooke looked confused. Kate was being held tightly and forcefully by her mother. Kate and Brooke looked at each other sadly, as the two verbally fought. Amy walked up to him, Ryan looked on with worry in his eyes. Ryan was taller than her, but he wouldn't lay a hand on Amy. With a raise of hand, Ryan's head whipped to the side. Ryan held the side of his face in shock.

"Grow up," Amy hissed. "Real men don't cry."

---

It was painful to even look at himself in the mirror. He sat on the ground, knees curled to his chest. He texted Brendon, but there was no reply. Ryan felt like an asshole, and he didn't know why. Just thinking about Brendon and Amy, made him feel sick. He loved Brendon but he feared that Brendon didn't feel the same. The brown haired beauty was different from most crushes that Ryan has had. Brendon is caring, sweet. But what if that's all an act? Brendon is so good with Brooke and dealing with people, but Ryan believes he's the total opposite. What does he even see in me, Ryan thought. 

{Trigger Warning; Cutting}

His heart cliched as he stared at the razor blades that lay across from him, on the smooth bathroom counter. Maybe one time would hurt, he thought. He grabbed the razor blade handle from off the sink. He ran his finger along the cold metal, sighing. It slightly slashed his finger, leaving a bloodied mark on his thumb. His mind was racing, causing him to get a slight headache.

With a sobbing noise, he rolled up his sleeve. One, two, three, four, five, Ryan counted. The blood was pooling out of his skin. He heard the front door open. But over his sobs, he barely heard it.

"Brooke? Where's Ryan?" Brendon asked. The sound was muffled by the walls. He voice sounded confused and a tad bit worried. The door made a loud slamming sound as it closed behind Brendon. He look over at his daughter, who sat on the couch with a sad look on her face. The gentle humming of the tv went through the front room. She ran up to him and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt.  

"He's upstairs in the bwathroom. Ryro hasn't come out in a while." Brooke's soft voice whispered, tugging once again on his sleeve. Brendon's eyes widened as his face turned a pale white. He feared the worst, even though he hopped that wasn't what happened. 

"Shit!" Brendon called before pounding footsteps were heard. He raced up the stairs, until he reached the bathroom door. "Ryan," He said through the door. His fist pounded on the door. Brendon attempted to open the door, but the lock stopped it. "Please open the door!" His voice sounded worried and scared. The door shook from Brendon's fist. "Come on Ryan, please don't do this." A tear fell from Brendon's eyes.

Ryan sobbed, "I- I'm sorry Brendon! I didn't mean to do this!" His hand reached out and grabbed the doorknob. Ryan wanted Brendon to be around but he was scared. With a little bit of effort, Ryan unlocked the door, his hand covered in blood. The razor laid beside him, dressed in blood. Brendon opened the door without hesitation. He gasped in shock. 

"Ryan, no!" Brendon cried. 

----

I don't really like this chapter to be honest XD. Whoops. By the way, this story is still going on, but the chapters are only going to be updated every week or so. Now that I'm in school, I have a lot of homework, plus I am making a new story. 

Shitty chapter but still. Thanks for reading. 

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-