Chapter Eighteen

"Are you really going to bring that," The woman pointed at Brooke with her long, over painted nails. "With you?" She was the secretary at Fueled By Ramen. She was a snotty one, Brendon came to notice. She's always trying to get in someone's pants. First it was Dallon, but he's married so he didn't take into her antics. Then it's Brendon, which she's still trying.

She was wearing a short pencil skirt with a white button-up blouse. She had long brown hair and seawater eye color. Her face was heavily over coated with make up, and she was making a pouty face (which just made her look constipated) in attempts to get Brendon's attention.

"Yes. Yes I am. She's my daughter. Now, kindly show me where Ramen is." Brendon snapped. Brooke was wrapped around his waist while her head was rested gently in the crook of Brendon's neck. His grip on Brooke tightened at the sight of the woman's hateful glare.

"B-but still!" She yelped angrily. People started to look. "You being a single dad is weird! It's disgusting! She's ugly and she look like she belongs in a trash can. Brooken- or whatever it's name is, doesn't belong here. This is a place of business and that doesn't belong here! She probably isn't even yours. Her mother must be some girl who thinks that, that is your daughter. Do us all a favor and kill that vile creature."

By this time, Brooke was crying silently and Brendon was shaking with rage. Tears soaked his shirt from Brooke but Brendon didn't mind. He narrowed his eyes at the snob and clenched his fist. Before he could say anything, someone barged over.

"Who do you think you are?!" A somewhat familiar voice yelled. The three looked over and was met with Ryan. Brendon's eyes widened at the site of him. "We all know you, Vicky! You came from a broken home and you use your sexual activity as a weapon. You'll blow anyone in this building if it means you get money! Grow the fuck up! You are nearly thirty years old and look what you are doing, you are making a little kid cry. Does that make you happy?! Do you feel complete? Learn that the world doesn't revolves around you."

Ryan was digusted at how Vicky was treating Brooke and Brendon. His Brendon and Brooke! How dare she?! His fist were clutched on the sides of his body. He lifted his arms up towards Brooke, and she willing jumped from Brendon's arms to Ryan's. Brendon smiled at his best friend, almost thanking him.

They ignored Vicky, who was still in shock but yet still trying to get attention. Ryan looked at Brooke's broken face with a sad smile. Ryan took his sleeve and gently wipped it over her eyes. Brooke's cheeks were red and her eyes were still glossy with tears. She giggled as Ryan placed his lips against her head.

She wrapped her tiny arms around Ryans neck and he placed his arm over her back to hold her. "I lwove you, RyRo." That caused Brendon and Ryan to 'awww' at Brooke.

"I love you too, Brookey." Ryan smiled. With his other hand, he placed it on Brendons shoulder, smiling. Ryan felt weird, he didn't understand it. He felt a sense of... Happiness? While holding Brooke and staring at Brendon, it made him happy and comfortable. Like he was at home. He stook off the feeling as Ramon stomped over to the four.

"Sir!" Vicky's shrill broke out. Brendon faced Ramen and gave him a smile. "Th-they attacked me! They came in demanding that I give them money, I didn't know what to do!" Brendon suddenly broke out laughing, as did Ryan. Even Brooke joined in.

Ramen look serious until a smile cracked on his face. "Mrs. Undervelt, I'm going to have to inform you that there is a camera. Right there," He pointed at the corner. And sure enough, there was a camera. "And I saw everything. Mrs. Undervelt, I'm also sorry to inform you but, I need you to turn in your badge and keys to this building. You have been fired."

Brendon and Ryan's face cracked with a smile. But none the less, Vicky was upset to say the least. "What?!" She said in a shrill cry, batting her eyeslashes.

"Sorry ma'am. You insulted one of the best singers this company has. Besides, what if Panic! At The Disco leaves because of you? You would most likely get sued. So I'm letting you off. Please leave the building now or I'll call the police." He threatened (with a good time).

Vickey was at lost for words. She reached for her badge and keys and aggressively slammed then down. She shot daggers at the three men before leaving, slamming the glass door harshly.

Ryan looked down, "I'm- I'm sorry Sir. She make Brooke cry and I-" Ryan babbled. He was worried about losing his job. His friend worked here and since he knew Ramen, he got a job here.

"No need Ryan!" Ramen surprised them all. Roman is a nice person but he is sometimes upseting. "You were just protecting your family." He patted the two men in the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I was. I was protecting the ones I love." Ryan looked over to Brendon and made eye contact. They were standing quite close, about shoulder to shoulder, with Brooke in the middle.

Brendon blushed slightly. What did Ryan means by 'the ones I love'?

***

Hey guys! I promised a chapter! Sorry about the sadness in this chapter. I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did, I'm sorry. Anyway, I hope you injoyed it.

Story time about school: So I am taking Environmental Science and we do trash pick up. So it was me, Jessica, Nekko, and Trevor. Jessica was inside and the rest was dumping the recycling. The trash can was taller than I was and I'm 5'7. We all lifted it but we couldn't hold it. Soooooo it fell into the dumpster Trevor had to climb inside and get it out and it was the best. I was in tears from laughing because I'm the tallest person in the group and Trevor is the shortest. He still got in. But yeah. We also nearly broke the trash lid also! We are a great team! XD.

Okay anyway, sorry guys about the late update.

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-