Chapter 37

Percy POV-
Gaia was standing in front of me.

The rest of my friends were tied up in chairs beside her.

Leo.

Hazel.

Frank.

Piper.

Jason.

Thalia.

Nico.

Annabeth.

I was tied up in a chair, with a gun to my head. Just like them. Except instead of a gun, they had a syringe pressed against there necks.

Fear was evident in there eyes. It was in mine to.

I knew what was going to happen. It happened every night. Each time it got worse, because I couldn't change a thing.

"Who goes first Perseus?" Gaia said, her voice echoing in my head so loud it hurt.

"Please. Don't do this!" I begged.

"Choose Perseus."

"No! You can't make me!" Tears were streaming down my face, and I was pulling against the ropes, trying to get free. Nothing was working.

"Then answer this riddle and one of your friends will live: Feed me and I will live, but give me drink and I will die."

My mind was blurry. She had given me a drug to knock me out earlier, and I still couldn't think right. Not that I'd be able to figure that out in a normal time anyway.

"Times up." She said.

"What!? No!" I screamed.

She walked over to Leo.

"No!"

She took the syringe from the man who had it pressed against his neck.

Leo looked at me accusingly.

"Please!" I screamed, wrestling against my ropes.

"Kill me instead!" I insisted.

She slowly stuck the syringe into his neck, and emptied the orange liquid.

He looked straight at me.

"This is all your fault."

It was like 5 million punches to the gut.

The fact that it was true made it 100 times worse.

Not even 5 seconds after that, his body when limp in the chair.

It was all my fault.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but Gaia didn't even flinch.

"You have three gems, one red, one, blue, and one green. You must choose the right one given the following clue: red under blue, yellow."

Gaia was moving over to Hazel.

"Yellow!" I shouted, "Red, blue!"

She looked the man next Hazel in the eye, and he gave her the syringe.

She killed her.

All because I got it wrong.

But not before Hazel looked me right in the eye, with a look of pure hatred.

Next was Jason, Piper, Nico, Frank, and Thalia.

There was only one person left.

My wise girl.

"Please don't do this." I cried.

She smirked at me, then walked over to Annabeth and pressed the syringe into her neck and said the riddle.

"This is when you set a goal. You think your team will win. But saddened will be your soul when you learn of your dumb sin. The goal you see was in vain. The other teams point to gain. And you sit there, crying, and all alone. That is true what?"

I think I knew this one, Annabeth had told me it before.

"Regret!"

"Correct," Gaia smile.

I cried with relief.

I had saved one of them.

She didn't die.

"But I don't care."

My head clouded with pain as she emptied the liquid into her neck.

She looked me straight in the eye as she died, her eyes full of pain and hatred.

Everyone had died.

All because I wasn't smart enough.

I woke up screaming in pain and heartbreak.

It felt so real.

I knew it was all a lie, but it stuck with me.

I'm to dumb to be able to save them again.

"Percy!"