That_Dam_Gymnast (Amazing One-Shot You will definitly love)

So, incase you didn't know, I have a Percy Jackson Writing Contest book. In the latest contest, the amazing, the one and only, that_dam_gymnast was the winner :)

Before I continue on with the amazing one-shot she wrote, I'd like to say that, that_dam_gymnast is amazing, and you should definitely go follow her. I haven't read all her books, but in sure there just as perfect as the ones I have.

One of her books, 'Percabeth Oneshots' will pull at your heart and make you want to cry, but make you not be able to put it down at the same time; it's so perfect, amazing, and sad. I'm positive all you Percabeth shippers out there will love it, and you should really go check it out.

And no, I'm not just saying that because she got first place, I'm saying that because as of when I read it, it is literally one (if not the best) of my favorite one shots books I've ever read.

Now, on the the one-shot :)

----

They say that love works in mysterious ways. I never used to believe that saying, but I think I'm starting to.

I had known Jason for years. Four, to be exact, and yet I'd never felt with him what I do with Percy. I know what you're thinking now. Grow up Annabeth, it's just a crush, of course you like Jason more!

But sometimes, I think it doesn't matter how long you've known each other, but how well you know them. Say you're in school, and someone you've known from kindergarten, but never really spoken to, gets hit by a car. Morbid example, I know, but think about it; it wouldn't hit as hard as your best friend of a couple months got hit instead. You see what I mean?

This is what it was like with Percy.

With him, I was able to have fun, to cut loose a little more. With Jason, he was very straight laced, constantly worrying about the rules, right and wrong, a golden boy you might say.

When Jason went missing, I was distraught, sure, but as a friend. Not even a particularly close friend. Through all our quests, we never really... Talked much. It was always just do the job and go. Nothing special. It was even a bit boring, you could say. But Percy had a way of making even cabin inspections fun, cracking a corny joke, or just being a big Seaweed Brain. There's another thing. Nicknames. Jason always thought they were frivolous and useless, and would glare at anyone who called him something other than his real name.

And now on the Argo II, when Jason and I reunited, we just seemed to drift even further, me towards Percy, and him towards Piper. Away from each other.

These were the thoughts that raced through my head in that vanilla twilight, the stars studding the navy sky overhead, like tiny diamonds, the ship listing ever so slightly to the port side in the gentle summer breeze.

But that wasn't what had my attention. What I was looking at was Percy, who was slowly leaning in, his eyes fluttering shut, coming closer... Closer... Closer...

My hands were warm and clammy, my nails digging little crescents into my palms, and somehow, I felt hot and cold at the same time. What should I do? Should I kiss him back? Does he like me too? Is he really going to kiss me? What would Jason think?

I instantly berated myself for the last one. Jason clearly liked Piper, there was nothing wrong with me and Percy... Right?

But suddenly, we were kissing, his lips smooth, but slightly chapped, one hand resting gently on my cheek, the other supporting my lower back, pulling me flush against him. I tangled my hands in his hair, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck, probably to tight for comfort, yet he didn't say anything. I breathed in sharply, catching a whiff of his distinct ocean scent, his lips salty as if he had just been swimming.

It could have been years, it could have been merely a second, but to me it felt timeless. One of those things you couldn't label, because it was so beautiful, so perfect, so incredible it felt like a dream. And I was scared it would slip away.

When we finally pulled apart, mainly for air, we stood there, foreheads resting against each other. His skin was so warm against mine, a light blush painted across his defined cheekbones.

"Well that was nice," he murmured, his breath tickling my neck, making me shiver slightly.

"You're such a Seaweed Brain," I replied softly, my lips curving up slightly at the edges into a small smile.

"You're such a Wise Girl."

"Kelp Head."

"Owl Face."

"Fish Guts."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"It's pretty early for us to be saying this."

"I don't care."

"Me neither."

It felt wrong.

But maybe I liked wrong.

_________________________________________________________

A beautiful dream, an ugly truth, a perfect lie.

She cried, she cries, she will cry.

He made her smile, he's making her smile, he will make her smile.

She laughed, she laughs, she will laugh.

They kissed, they kiss, they will kiss.

They were perfect, they are perfect, they will be perfect.

They are happy.

----
If you enjoyed that, you will definitely enjoy the others just as much, if not more. :)

If you want to read all of the other amazing one-shots that were entered into the contest, you can go check out the 2nd to last chapter in my 'Contest' book. And if you like writing Percy Jackson stuff, you can stay tuned and enter the next one (that will probably be out soon), or if that's not your thing, you can stay for the next one and vote on your favorites. Or you could do neither of those things, the choice is yours. :)

If you've read all of this, thats awesome :)
If you haven't, that's cool to.
But to see how many of you did, Have you read Cursed Child yet? If you have, what do you rate it? For me, it was probably a 10/10

Until next time,
Pezz

(Ps, An update will be coming soon)