Chapter 39

Hermione POV-
I was one of the luckier students when it came to wanting to see what was going on, because I at a desk up from Percy's. That meant I got a clear view of him.

However, while some might say it's luck, I think it's a curse. It reminds me of the time Beletrix had me.

I know what it feels like to be tortured, but one look at Percy in this state and you could tell he had been through 100 times worse, if not more.

I know I wasn't the nicest person to Percy, but seeing him like this was heart wrenching. No one should have to go through something like this. And as the tears came pouring out of his eyes, I knew he didn't deserve this.

I shouldn't have been mean to him, and neither should anyone else.

Better yet, we shouldn't have kidnaped him!

The worst part though, was when he woke up.

He acted like he was perfectly fine.

He made himself go through pain, just to lessen the pain of others. He was a true hero.

I knew what the other demigods had accomplished, but I still didn't know what he had done. And part of me was thinking it was just as worse, if not more.

As he sat up, I could tell he was in tremendous pain. Something was wrong with his back, but that others didn't notice because they were to busy freaking out about him.

When he drank the water though, it was like the pain was never there. Which would make sense, because he had water powers.

But what is Percy hiding?

What did he not want anyone else to know?

I wanted to find the answers so badly, but I knew it was none of my business.

I'm not going to do what Harry and Draco did.