20: Training

Author's POV

Six days left until the finals for the Chunin Exams. Akimi would stay in the Survey Corps' old (but still shiny clean thanks to Captain Levi) barracks for the cadets. After the war against Titans were over, Commander Pixis was kind to have more food sent over to the Survey Corps children, as Hanji liked to call them.

Akimi began her training with the rest of the cadets. With Captain Levi and Keith Shadis giving orders at them, Akimi and the soldiers started jogging with heavy gear strapped on their backs. Afterwards, Annie and Eren worked with her on her hand-to-hand combat skills.

In the afternoon, the cadets no longer had training, but daily chores like cleaning, laundry, and cooking. Of course, Akimi stuck with the cooking. This was also the time Hanji wanted to continue experimenting with her "beloved little Titan children" or Eren, Annie, Bertholdt, Reiner, and Ymir. Captain Levi also hung around, just for safety purposes.

"Let's goooo~!" Hanji sang, skipping towards the empty field. Her five specimens and many onlookers trudged after her, some of the, curious to see what would happen. When they stopped in the middle of the field, Hanji turned around with a queer smile and a bag full of bottles.

"Oh no," Eren whispered, his paling instantly. Levi grunted, recognizing the experiment Hanji wanted to do.

"Oh yes~! Eren! You remember, right?"

"Hanji-san, do I have to?" He whined.

"Please, Eren! I have to know more about you guys!"

"Fine."

Akimi watched with pure fascination as the five Titan Shifters drank potion after potion Hanji gave to them. Questions were spewed at them at rocket speed, and by the time Hanji was done, none of them were standing.

"Can't stand, Yeager?" Jean scoffed. Levi narrowed his eyes and grabbed the last bottle from Eren's hand. It still had a few drops of potion inside.

"Care for a drink, Kirschtein?" Levi shot back, holding it up in front of the boy. Before Jean could speak, Reiner threw up.

Jean looked green. "No sir." Levi grunted and tossed it back to Hanji who collected, screaming her head off at words that no one could comprehend.

"L-Le-vi-san," Eren called, reaching out weakly. "I-I don't feel--" he blacked out.

Annie slumped to the ground, and Berntoldt followed shortly afterwards with Ymir collapsing on Christa's shoulders. By this time, everyone was slowly backing away in fear of what might happen. Levi had a death glare zeroed in on Hanji, and Akimi was getting worried about the Titan Shifters.

"Guys? Are you okay?"

"GWAARRAHHH!" Bertholdt was the first to transform. Ten seconds later, he reverted back to a......

"Is.....he a kid?"

"Swell, just swell," Levi snapped.

"Splendid! Drink this for me, okay?" Hanji said smiling widely as she pushed another position in Bertholdt's tiny hands. Berthold, who was now a little boy, looked scared of Hanji.

"Four Eyes! That's enough. Get these sick brats back to the barracks. They don't need your poison anymore." Akimi turned to see Eren in Levi's arms, his body slack from the potion.

"Awww, just a little--"

"No."

"You're no fun."

"The rest of you, get the other Titan Shifting brats back as well. We don't know how long this is going to take to get the poison out of them."

"Yes sir!"

All five teens were tucked into bed, and after making sure three cadets were guarding them, Levi went to go pummel Hanji to death. No matter what, Levi was extremely protective of Eren. Hanji messed with his boy? Fine. There would be bloodshed.