27: Finding Shigekazu

Author's POV

"Can see Kazu?" Akimi asked, her entire body on guard as she stood close to Sora. They were trying to find Shigekazu through Sora's clairvoyant ability. However, Sora had used up half of his Chakra during the Chunin Exam finals match with Suiu and the ANBU fight. Also, Sora's clairvoyance had restrictions.

The first restriction was he had a limit to how far he could see. The more he tried looking, the quicker Chakra was used. In addition, the images he sees take some time to sharpen before he can distinguish the image clearly.

The second restriction was he could not look back to years and years of time of someone's past. He could only look forward into the future. No doubt, forbidden techniques allowed one to do so, but the payment would be high.

Finally, the less Chakra he had, the harder it was for him to see into the future. At the moment, his control has been wavered slightly, and just the slightest waver can break his concentration.

Right now, he must trust Akimi to guard him at all costs, while he focuses on finding his cousin.

Silence was his response to her question. He cannot bring himself to speak, fearing he would break his concentration. Beads of sweat gathered at his brow as he focused even harder. Akimi tightened her grip on her kunai, watching an enemy approach them.

"Back off!" She yelled, swinging her leg at the Sand ninja. She began defending Sora as much as she could, doing her best to make sure none of the enemy's attacks came even close to him.

Where is he?! Where is he?! Why can't I find him?!

Sora collapsed under the stress and lack of Chakra. He couldn't continue searching for Shigekazu in this state.

"Are you okay, Sora?!" Akimi yelled, as she tried to take on the enemy by herself. Probably a skilled Jounin.

Sora couldn't move, but watch helplessly as Akimi was kicked aside, fracturing several bones, and making him the next victim.

He could do nothing about the rainfall of large rocks that came tumbling on him, smacking his worn out body. He could hear Akimi's cries of anguish and anger, and in mere seconds, he was buried beneath a pile of stones.

Akimi watched in horror as the enemy covered Sora's limp body with stones until she couldn't see the boy anymore. "Sora!" She was about to crawl over, but another kick to her chest reminded her she was severely injured herself. "Sora.....Kazu....."

A jab in her side caused her to cry out, and instantly, she was succumbed to a brutal beating session. Blades and needles swiped across her skin, breaking through the flesh. Punches, kicks, and choking injured her even more, as if breaking a couple bones wasn't enough. Akimi couldn't do anything anymore, as the enemy silently beat her up, finishing it with Chakra needles, effectively sucking the rest of the Chakra out of her. Akimi couldn't handle the pain and aching anymore and blacked out.