26: Suna attacks

Author's POV

Sasuke's match with Gaara had gone by for nearly ten minutes, and right now, Gaara had retreated into a large sand ball. Even Sasuke's attack Lightening style, Chidori couldn't smash it to pieces.

"Get ready," Grandpa Kosuke warned, taking out his sword. Akimi swallowed hard and fisted her hands. Grandpa was right; something big was coming, and it wasn't pretty.

"GAWWRRRAH!!!"

Instantly, the entire arena was a battlefield. An enormous beast appeared with a heavy cloud of smoke and dust. Akimi panicked and looked over at the crowds--

Who were silent? Wait, what's going on?

"Get ready," Grandpa repeated, tightening his grip on his sword. Almost immediately, he was attack by three Sound ninja. "Hurry! Find your Sensei and your teammates!"

"Right!"

Akimi retreated from the fight, letting Konoha's Strongest Genin fight against the three enemies. She ran to look for Daikoku Funeno Sensei and the others. Sora could be found, defending himself from a Sand ANBU, but where was Shigekazu?

"Kazu!" Akimi yelled, running around. "Where are you?! Kazu?!"

"Akimi! Go help Sora," Daikoku Funeno Sensei ordered. "Kazu is probably just fighting somewhere else."

"Hai!"

Akimi managed to slam her leg right into the ANBU's back, which bought Sora some time to send a series of quick jabs towards the man's jaw. However, the jabs weren't strong enough, so the ANBU took both Genin on without much difficulty. Akimi and Sora glanced at each other, gauging their combined strength and stamina. Could they take him on by themselves?

"Akimi-san," Sora said urgently, tapping his back shoulder. Akimi nodded and slid one hand into her belt bag. "On your mark."

"Right!" Sora also retrieved something from his pockets, and the two dashed forward, Akimi using less speed than usual. Sora was right behind her as they passed a small packet between them. They ran all over the place, dodging kunais and shurikens from the ANBU.

"Over there!" The two teammates ran away from the enemy, and towards the other enemy ninjas. Finally, Sora leaped away from Akimi and began using himself as a distraction to lure the ANBU and other nearby enemies away from Akimi.

Akimi began tying some the ends of wire and a kunai together, effectively setting up a trap. No doubt, the ANBU were aware she was making a trap of some sort, but the point was to keep them away from her work. Also, this wasn't a normal wire-and-bomb trap.....

"Sora! Now!" Together, the two escaped away from their enemies, activating the trap. As soon as Akimi's foot left a certain radius of the trap area, wires and paper bombs shot straight up, trapping several enemies instantly. If they moved so much as an centimeter, and the sharp wire would cut deeply into their flesh and activate every bomb caught inside their wire web. The two Genin had no intention to brutally kill these men; no, instead they would keep them where they wouldn't cause any trouble. Deactivation is impossible; they would all be severely injured if anyone outside attempted to help them.

"Looks, like we've got a couple flies," Akimi said brightly.

"We may not have yet discover our Chakra strengths yet, but at least we can prove we do not need to rely on them," Sora agreed. "Good work! Let's find the others!"

"Right!"