41: Going to school

Author's POV

"Akimi, this is Gin Dojima," Lady Tsunade introduced. "He is a member of the Totsuki resort, which is connected to the Totsuki Culinary Academy."

"Um, nice to meet you, sir!" Akimi said, bowing.

"I have heard you are capable of handling medicine and poison, as well as growing crops and plants. So I would like to offer you a position as a student in Totsuki Academy, a prestigious cooking school. We are interesting in your abilities of making the medical water for this village's patients, herb growing, and would welcome you to study under our supervision and guidance."

"Is it really, okay? I mean, I've heard of the Totsuki Academy, and isn't like super expensive?" Akimi asked worriedly. "And I'm a Genin here in Konoha--"

"No worries. You're useless here as a Genin. Your stomach won't heal immediately, and after that Wasabi Family incident, I think you are better off not becoming a ninja. Do you know how many stitches I found were overstretched and close to torn?" The Hokage seethed.

"Sorry," Akimi muttered.

"Go to Totsuki Academy instead, Akimi. I can see you shine as a chef, rather than a ninja."

"Then, I'll go," Akimi said firmly, looking at Gin Dojima. "Is Grandpa Kosuke aware of this?"

"Yes, I informed him. He says it's alright with him."

"Then we'll leave tonight," Dojima said, turning towards the door. "Be ready at eight."

"Thank you, sir!" Akimi said proudly.

"Don't thank me yet. You don't know what you're in for," he warned as he left Lady Hokage's office.

"Well then, you can go do whatever you need to do, Akimi. I'll see you in two years!"

"Wait, two years?!"

Hours later.....

"This is the dormitory you will be residing in," Dojima said, stepping out of the car. "There are plenty of interesting people here. Enjoy."

Akimi stared at the dorm building she would be staying in. "Well, this is fantastic."

That evening, she wrote her first letter to Gaara.

Dear Gaara,

I am in the Totsuki Culinary Academy as a student. I'm going to learn so much about cooking! According to Lady Hokage, I'm going to be here for two years. She says that I'm no really fit to be a ninja, stomach injuries and all, but I might be able to suit well with Totsuki's active style. I hope you won't be so lonely when I get back, alright? Oh yeah, when I come back, please let me cook something for you again.

Love,
Akimi Maruboshi

Gaara stared at the letter before carefully putting it back in its envelope. He stowed it away between the pages of his family album. It would be safe until he found something else more stable and secure to collect all the letters she would send him.