Chapter 3

Throwing myself on the bed, the reality of the day hit me.
I met a guy that I could possibly fall for, I spend the day with him and I had my first kiss. I couldn't believe how the day and night turned out to be, it was by far one of my best days ever.
Holding on to the memories of the day I fell asleep with images of Rheese.

I woke up embracing the day ahead. I got up and headed for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and jumped into the shower, had cereal for breakfast and made myself a mean cup of coffee. I was full of energy and life today. I cleaned around my apartment while listening to my favourite tunes singing along on the top of my voice to the songs as I was going about my tasks.
I had a quick shower again, brushed my wet hair, put on the bare minimum make-up and slipped on a strappy summer dress, finishing off my look with yellow sandles.
It was summer after all and it was a sunny day outside.

Getting into my old blue city golf because that was all I could afford at the time and praying that it would start. Some days it would and other days it just wouldn't start and then I would hop on a bus or call a taxi to take me were I needed to be. Soon I would have to get a better car or just use public transport.
To my surprise it started up and I was on my way to visit my mom.

My mom lives by herself in the house I grew up in. It was not to far from were I lived, Rondebosch, but I still needed to drive about ten minutes to get to my mom's house.
My mom, Lilian Forbes, was a strong woman never letting her sadness and hurt affect her children's lives. My mom and dad got divorced years ago.
I lost contact with my dad after that, so I had no father figure to guide me through life. He left my mom for someone else, leaving her to look after me and my sister Sophia. I could never understand why my dad did what he did but at least my mom was happier without him.
Sophia was married to Peter and had two beautiful daughters named Rose and Violet.
I didn't see much of them due to the fact that she lived in London.
Only video chatting with Sophia once a week, so my mom could speak to my sister and her grandchildren.
I looked forward to Sunday's knowing I would be having a home cooked meal and spending time with the woman I looked up to and admired.

Greeting me with a smile as always, I gave my mom a bear hug.
"It's good to see you Elizabeth. I hope you had a good week. Come sit down and we can start having lunch." My mom always called me on my birth name but everyone else called me Lizzy or Liz.
"It's good to see you too mom and I had a good week and an even better Saturday."
"And why was your Saturday even better may I ask? Come on, spill the beans."
I could see my mom was dying to hear my story.

"Well to make a long story short, I met a guy last night.
His name is Rheese.
He is on holiday in Cape Town and is from London."
She looked at me with a look of concern in her eyes. I knew what my mother was gonna say.

' Not you too. You gonna leave like your sister did when she met and then married Peter.'

My sister married a guy from London and left shortly after they got married. So I could understand my mother's concerns and fears.
"So are you gonna see him again?" my mom asked.
"I don't know mom. We just met and he may or may not call. He wants me to show him around while he's here but as I say it's up to him to contact me."
Thinking to myself how silly I was not taking his number as well.
"Just take it slow and be careful."
"I will mom, no need to worry."
We finished lunch while talking about this and that.

After lunch I washed the dishes and skyped my sister. My mom looked forward to see and speak with Sophia and the kids.
After we said goodbye to my sister and the kids, we ended up watching the Sunday night movie.
Checking my cell phone in between hoping Rheese would have called by now, but I had no miss call or message from him.
The movie ended and I needed to get home it was after 10 in the evening when I checked my watch.
"Mom it's getting late. I think I need to head home. I'll see you next Sunday." She walked me to my car and we hugged each other, saying goodbye. I waved at her as the car started and pulling away.