Chapter 15

We arrived in a taxi at an exclusive restaurant on the beach called - 'On the Rocks'- and was glad I chose the outfit I was wearing.
I read great reviews on this restaurant in the food magazines not so long ago but never imagined myself dinning at such an exclusive restaurant.
We walked through the door and was welcomed with a smile from the hostess at the front desk.
Rheese gave Keith's name to the hostess and we were shown to we're they were sitting.
Ben and Keith was deep in conversation when we arrived but it was Ben who spotted us first.

"Lizzy! Come here. I've missed you girl," Ben shouted.
He jumped up and ran to me. He leaped into my arms, kissing and hugging me. Ben was known for being dramatic.
He looked good in his navy blue chinos and white shirt. His hair was combed to the back. He was glowing and I was glad that one of us were.
"Hi, Ben. You looking good," returning his kiss and hug. "Hi, Keith. Nice seeing you again," I said over Ben's shoulder. He greeted back and Rheese slapped Ben on his shoulder as he passed us, walking off with Keith.
My eyes moved around Ben to see where they went and found them standing on the far corner from where our table was.
"Girl, leave the boys to talk. We've got some catching up to do," Ben said, laughing at me.
I rolled my eyes at him, finding my seat, sitting down.
We were seated on the balcony over looking the ocean.
I could see Robben Island from where we were seated, across the water. The sea was calm and when I looked down, we were literally sitting on top of the rocks. The floor were made of glass. Small fish were swimming beneath us, inbetween the rocks.
It was unbelievably beautiful.
The outside were brightly lit and the music that played set a romantic mood but I wasn't feeling it at all. I was feeling really unsettled this evening and didn't know why and I tried to focus on having a good time.

Ben took the liberty of pouring me a glass of red wine and we started talking about how our week has been so far.
Ben talked more than me, too exited about his new found love with Keith.
My mind was all over the place, thinking about Rheese, our relationship and where it was going.
I was half listening to Ben when he said, " Lizzy! what the hell is up with you? You're barely listening to a word I'm saying. Is it your mom?"
"I'm sorry, Ben. I'm not myself tonight. It's just... Rheese is leaving tomorrow. My mom is coming out of hospital and Mr. Beck is being an ass again."
I don't know why but a single teardrop escaped my eye. For some reason I was feeling very emotional.
I picked up my glass of wine and finished it in one gulp.
Ben looked at me in shock, because he knew I didn't like getting drunk and feeling out of control.
"Wow, slow down, girl. We have the whole night. Here let me fill your glass. Looks like you need it," Ben filled up my glass to the brim again.
"What's really eating at you? I know you better than what you know yourself. Come, spit it out," Ben demanded.
"It's this thing with Rheese. I don't know where I stand with him. He's leaving tomorrow and I just thought we...we would have more...time together."
" Didn't you ask him?"
"Yes, I did"
"And what did he say?"
"That I'm his but..."
I was so overwhelmed that more tears started trickling down my cheeks and I felt stupid crying over Rheese.
I have never cried over a guy before and didn't know why I was feeling like this.
I was glad Rheese has his back turned to me. I didn't want him to see me cry again.
"Hey, Lizzy... I know how it feels. He was your first. It's so damn unfair that you had to fall in love with the first guy you slept with. Don't worry. I'll be here for you," Ben rubbed my back, doing his best to console me.
He gave me his napkin to wipe my tears.
"Is my make-up still on?" I asked.
"What make-up? You hardly had any on to begin with," Ben replied, giggling.
Just as I finished whipping my face, Rheese and Keith came to join us at the table.
He bend down and planted a kiss on my lips before taking a seat next to me.
The waiter came around and we ordered our starters, mains and dessert.
The food was out of this world and the conversation kept flowing as did the wine.
I slowed my drinking after the third glass, feeling tipsy.
"So Rheese... I believe you might consider taking a job here in Cape Town," Ben said to him.
My eyes went wide at the information Ben just divulged.