Chapter 20

When we arrived back at the apartment, I still couldn't believe the amount of roses that was on display, as we walked through the door. I was tired of all the excitement that accured during the day. I took off my shoes and followed Ben and Keith to sit on the balcony, while Rheese brought out the wine and whiskey.
The view was absolutely breathtaking today as I looked over the Atlantic ocean. The waters were calm, twinkling and the sun was just about sitting on the edge of the horizon.
Some of the other tenants that lived in the apartment block were on the beach having fun, watching the sunset, like we were doing.

"It's party time!" Ben shouted all of a sudden when he saw Rheese coming out with the alcohol. Ben was always up for a party and I wondered how Keith was coping with that part of his personality. Rheese poured whisky for the boys and then poured me a glass of wine but I wasn't sure if I wanted any, thinking about the little pea that might be growing inside of me.               "I don't know if I should have," I said and realised that I shouldn't have said that. "Why - are you not feeling well again?" Rheese asked with a worried look on his face. If I said I was not feeling well again, he would faf around me and if I said I was feeling fine, then he would want to know why I don't want to have the drink.            Shit, I couldn't decide what to do or say. Ben looked at me and I knew what he was thinking.       
 ' You should tell him.'                                I looked at Ben making my eyes wider than usual before I spoke to Rheese. "I'm just exhausted and not in the mood for drinking," I replied, not saying anything else and got up. Rheese had a blank look on his face and I could see he didn't know what to make of it. I walked to the kitchen, getting the broom and dustpan and went to the bedroom.

A few minutes later Rheese stood by the bedroom door watching me sweep up the rose petals on the floor.
Making like I didn't see him, he coughed to get my attention. I turned around and he started walking towards me.
"What's going on, Liz? What's the matter if you have wine or not. You know I'll never force you to drink. What the hell is wrong with you! I want to know!"
"Not now Rheese, please."
"But -"
"I said not now!" I lashing out him.
He turned with hurt in his eyes and walked away, leaving me alone.
I wanted to tell him but didn't know how. What if I told him I was pregnant and it turned out that it was a false alarm. The first time when he had unprotected sex with me, he was so worried. I didn't want to put him through something that may not be. Thinking of the impact it could have on our relationship. After cleaning the floor, I moved onto the bed and as I was busy thinking of what to do about the situation I found myself in, Ben walked in and gathered that Rheese must have send him to talk to me. "Lizzy, what the hell girl. Why are you doing this. Just tell Rheese that you might be pregnant. What are you afraid of? What is the worst that could happen," Ben said, trying to convince me it's the right thing to do.  "Ben, are you mad!" I burst out saying. "The worst that could happen is Rheese leaving me." 
"No, he won't. That man's crazy about you. You know he is not gonna stop until you give him an answer to why you acting like this. Come back inside." Ben said and walked away.

***Rheese***

We had a lovely day considering that Liz's mom grilled me on my intentions towards her daughter. After lunch I went to fetch the gifts I bought in London for Liz and her mom. All I wanted to do was shower Liz with gifts to show her how deeply in love I was with her. As I came back in, I heard Ben asked Liz if she told me 'something'. When I asked her what she had to tell me, she said she forgot to buy me a gift. Somehow I didn't believe her. Liz has been crying a lot and she was very sensitive lately. Her mom was surprised that I got her a gift aswell but I had to play nice. This was the mother of the woman I loved and I had to make a good impression. She loved her pearl earrings by the look of it and was pleased that I got the pearl earrings. Liz was surprised that she got another gift and I loved the way she was gonna show me her appreciation. I couldn't wait for us to be alone but that was short lived. Everything was just perfect until we got home with the boys and I poured us all drinks.