Favorite!Female Character x Reader

GHOSTS

It had been six years.

Six years since she died, leaving you on the mortal plane. You didn't think you would go on at first; the first two years were an uphill battle, struggling to keep up with the hassles of life and grieve over her at the same time. Eventually the obstacle became less difficult but it was today in particular that made it harder- because she would have died today. You stood at her grave, and it was getting harder and harder by the second. The doctors forced you to accept it was disease that struck her in the end.

But something always struck you as odd about her sudden illness.

You assumed you were biased, though, being her lover and all. When you lost her, the world became gray, cold, distant. She wasn't your everything, but she was so close. You loved her- her eyes, her skin, her smile. You loved the way her hair smelled and the way you could talk to her about nothing important. But the most tragic part of all this?

You never told her.

At first you don't think she needed to be told. It was just an unwritten thing in your relationship. In fact, she never told you she loved you. It was just an assumption the both of you made. The tears spilled over your cheeks. You couldn't stand it anymore. You leaned down over her grave, nails practically digging into the headstone as you wept out the words. The words she had always needed to hear.

"I love you."

Once you said the words a huge weight was lifted off your chest. You had told her, even if it was a little late.