Joey Drew x Reader

BaileysWorld

The attraction to Joey Drew was strong, persuasive and terrifying when you first succumbed to the inevitable. You were brand new to the world of animation; Sillyvision had picked you up, fresh out of college to go work as an animator for them. Your boss, Joey Drew, was an idealistic man. He didn't have any physical results to those fantastic expectations he often pulled out of thin air and imposed on his employees (you included).

While the other employees complained in quiet, disgruntled voices behind Joey's back about his shortcomings as a boss, you found his dreams to be nothing short of wonderful. It was refreshing to find someone like Joey Drew in the world. Finally, someone with an imagination.

One day in particular, Joey acknowledged this. You and Joey often occupied your break hours to chat. He'd arrive at work early just to speak to you before the studio opened, and would leave late to speak with you when the studio closed at night. In short, the two of you chatted whenever it was available. Joey made a quick friend of you- he found that you also had a flair for wild dreams. It was a late night at the studio, and Joey had been carrying on this conversation about selling Bendy dolls and creating a factory underneath the studio. You knew that some choice individuals would have a hearty complaint about that, but you thought that it could be done.

"So, what we could do is build this awesome factory underneath the building, and it'll produce Bendy dolls, Alice Angel dolls, maybe even Boris dolls!"

You merely sighed at the fantasy of it all and stared up at Joey. He caught notice of your strange look and quirked his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing could be wrong."

He was even more surprised when you leaned up to kiss him. Joey was taken aback by your actions, but didn't deny it. The two of you leaned back against a car, not a car that belonged to either of you, and continued.

"I've been waiting to do this for the longest time," you told Joey between kisses. "The longest time."

Joey gave a breathy chuckle. "God, this happened so fast, but- mmm-," he was cut off by another kiss, "I have as well."

You laughed, as if gaining a victory, and simply pressed him back further against the stranger's car. Joey smiled against your lips. Once you broke for air, he laughed.

"I guess this means we're having an office affair?"

You nodded, which made Joey take your hand and grasp it.

"I hope this means we can build the toy factory together," he said, wrapping his arms around your neck and speaking against your lips.

You kissed him. "Of course."

The remainder of that night, you continued to kiss and talk about future aspirations together against a total stranger's car- eventually the owner was identified as a Sammy Lawrence- and knew that there would be hope, a far flung hope that shared by a couple of dreamers that would eventually make a toy factory underneath the studio.