Heine x Reader

requested by AprilCraig2

"Hello, your highness," Heine said as he entered your room, eyes darting immediately to your bed. You were perched at your desk, cramming the last of some offhanded drawings into a drawer. His breath hitched for a moment, and exhaled. 

"She's not interested," he told himself, quietly. "And she's not even at your level. She's just a student." 

"Hi," you greeted quietly. 

"Are you ready to start today's lesson?" 

"Mmm, not particularly," you said with a bemused smile. "But let's just get it over with." 

 If any of your sisters had said this, they would've been crying by the end of their lesson. Heine usually took offense to the idea that someone would insult their education, but with you it was different. He simply laughed off your small joke and moved on. 

"So what's our lesson today," you asked him, and the corners of his lips lifted slightly. 

"Today, it's history."

"Oh, how exciting," you said sarcastically. "I'm hyped."

"Oh, you will be," he said with an elated tone. "Today we're going to be emphasizing on the Onin War."

"What's that?" 

"I'll tell you. The Onin War was a war between..." he trailed off for a second when your eyes met. He was caught off guard by the contact. 

'Get it together," Heine thought. 'Keep up with the lecture.' 

"It was a war between the-" 

His eyes drifted to your lips. Heine felt himself going down a rabbit hole. Or rather, he was being pushed down a rabbit hole against his will. 

About two seconds later, your lips were touching. He didn't know how he got so out of line, but Heine sure as hell wasn't stopping now. The hand of fate had pulled open the flood gates of Heine's feelings, which had been accumulating for months now. 

As your kiss grew more intense, Heine regretted what he was doing. The regret grew stronger and stronger until finally he pulled away, gasping for air. A crash echoed in the room, and you yelped, but not quite in pain. He saw your bewildered expression, and that your desk chair had fallen over. 

"Um, uh, that was, um-" 

Heine interrupted you with a more tender kiss this time. You kissed back with full enthusiasm, and he had to grip onto the desk above him just to keep himself from hitting the floor. 

He failed. 

"I love you," you mumbled to Heine, between kisses. 

An intensity of emotions came over him as he kissed you again, and somewhere in between those kisses, he told you that he loved you. 

Little did he know that what he was seeing and experiencing was only a dream. He was in the depths of REM sleep, the type of sleep where people talk out loud, reenact their dreams on another plane. You were hearing everything in this scenario, from the 'i love yous' to the 'kiss me agains'. You heard every one without Heine's knowledge, and all you knew is that you'd have to make his dream a reality once he woke up.