Rigby x Reader

It's been a long time since I've seen Regular Show.

"Dude, you totally like her!"

Rigby glared at his friend. He gave Mordecai his most disapproving look before making a loud declaration of denial.

"No, I don't! Shut up, man!"

He didn't particularly enjoy telling his best friend to shut up, but sometimes it had to be done.

"Yes, you do," Mordecai teased in that cloying tone. "Come on, dude, it's so obvious!"

Rigby rolled his eyes in response and fell back onto his trampoline. He buried himself in the scattered clothes, which he kept as a blanket. Mordecai towered above him with a teasing grin that Rigby didn't like.

"You've gotta talk to her, dude!"

"No," he fired back automatically. "I am not going out there and talking to her."

"Come on, man, she's all alone out there on that bench," Mordecai said, pointing in a direction.

Intrigued, Rigby sat up and looked to where his friend was pointing. Mordecai was right. You were indeed sitting alone on a bench. He was also right about Rigby liking you. The two of you met at his favorite place- the Coffee Shop. You had filled in for Eileen while she was away at a film festival. While Rigby was expecting unwanted attention from someone he was only marginally interested in at best, he was in for a pleasant surprise. Rigby seemed to have the infallible ability of making his romantic interests obvious; Mordecai had been egging Rigby on to talk to you ever since. There were plenty of opportunities to do so; ever since you two met, you turned up on a bench, the same bench, for a couple hours out of the day. Rigby had been dodging the chance to talk to you for about two weeks.

"I don't want to talk to her," Rigby said finally, not quite as annoyed as he was previously.

Then, Mordecai used what Rigby liked to call his last resort. He picked his friend up, which was fairly easy for anyone taller than him, and threw him out the door.

"Mordecai!" Rigby pulled at the door and banged on it for several minutes. It was clear that Mordecai had locked it. "You better let me back in!"

"Not until you go talk to her!"

Right sighed, trying to sound exasperated, but came off as nervous.

He looked in your direction; never did the walk from the house to your bench seem so long. The raccoon sighed, trying to swat his feelings away. 'So this is how Eileen feels,' Rigby thought, and chuckled softly. He just kept putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually found your bench.

"Hey, Rigby."

"Uh, hi," he replied, sitting down next to you. He still avoided eye contact.

Silence grew between the two of you. Rigby could feel Mordecai's judging stare from his position. If he didn't strike up conversation soon, Mordecai would.

"So, uh, nice day, huh?"

"Yeah. Rigby, I've been waiting for this for a while, and I'm not gonna throw it away now. You. Me. Coffee Shop tomorrow at 2:30. What do you say?"

Surprised by your boldness, Rigby nodded. You smiled.

"Good. Don't be late."

Rigby slid off the bench a short while after you had left; by that time, Mordecai was already asking questions.

"What did she say?"

"We're going out! Tomorrow. At 2:30."

"Dude, what?! Did you actually just get a date?"

"I think I just did," Rigby said, his spirits much higher.

"Oooooooh," Mordecai shouted and Right joined him in their usual battle cry. Tomorrow was going to look up for Rigby.