Chapter 3

After the adjourning of the ceremony everyone was moved to the wedding venue. My seat so happened to be beside Misaki's. I was uncomfortable, however I couldn't express my complaints to Takahiro because he was occupied with his new bride. After watching the exchange between them, I came to the realization that they were indeed perfect for one another. The bride, Manami Kajiwara, was a rather beautiful lady and she seemed pleasant enough. When I was introduced to her, I could immediately sense that she was benevolent and courteous. It angered, yet relived, me to have been fruitless in finding any fault to her.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of laughter beside me. The culprit was none other than Misaki. I turned to watch as he laughed to his heart's content, and was once again struck with a sense of awe. I couldn't grasp at what exactly drew me towards Misaki, but I found myself unable to take my gaze away from him. It puzzled me to be so drawn to someone who wasn't Takahiro. At least with Takahiro I knew that what drew me towards him was my feelings of love for him. Contrarily, I couldn't find any reason to be drawn to Misaki.

"Will you stop staring at me, it makes me uncomfortable." Misaki spoke up.

"I'm not staring at you, I'm just trying to figure out how Takahiro ended up with a brother like you." I responded somewhat harshly.

"Yeah, well maybe you could help me figure out how nii-chan ended up with a friend like you." Was his retort.

I was about to respond, but then I realized that I could get some information from him regarding Takahiro's disappearance from Senior High.

"Say Misaki, how long has your brother been going out with Manami?" I asked in hopes of steering the conversation towards Takahiro.

"Why do you want to know, you don't have some evil scheme up your sleeves do you?" He inquired suspiciously.

"You don't have to worry about me doing anything. Takahiro's happiness is very important to me. Will you just answer my question." I assured him in an attempt to clear whatever image he had of me.

"Fine. Nii-chan met Manami about three years ago, but due to certain circumstances, they were unable to get married till now."

"What happened?" I prodded.

"Nii-chan had to look after me so he was waiting till I graduated from Senior High before he married." I noticed that Misaki was reluctant to talk about this, and I needed to figure out why.

"How about your parents, why was it Takahiro who was looking after you?"

"When I was ten years old my parents died and nii-chan chose to take care of me all on his own. He said he didn't want us to get separated. So, ever since then he has been taking care of me. But now I am about to go to a university and nii-chan says it's about time to live on my own." Misaki seemed to have become an open book as he finished telling me about his parent's death.

"Is that why Takahiro dropped out of school?"

"Yes, but he was able to take the final exams later in order to graduate from Senior High."

"Look, Usagi-chan, I think it would be best for nii-chan and you if you moved on. Nii-chan deserves to be happy and I don't want anyone to ruin the happiness he has worked so hard to gain. If you can't control your feelings for him, I think it would be best if you distance yourself from him till you no longer have feelings for him." Misaki said.

I knew that he was right, after all I also wanted Takahiro to be happy. However, I didn't think that I could remove myself from Takahiro's side so soon after I was finally able to meet him again. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to stay by Takahiro's side even if it meant that I could only stay as his friend. I wouldn't be able to bear the pain of being parted from him again, so I would much rather stay by his side and support him as best as I could. The only problem was that Misaki found out about my feelings for his brother. While I was confident that he wouldn't say anything to his brother, I wasn't so sure about him allowing me to keep up my "friendship" with his brother. The reason being that I figured out the depth of his protectiveness towards his brother. I was a hundred percent sure that Misaki would do anything for the safety of his brother, and to ensure his happiness. So, in order to be able to stay by Takahiro's side, I had to first win Misaki's approval. The task ahead was surely a difficult one, but so was my determination to stay by Takahiro's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night as I was lying in bed trying to capture the sleep which had eluded me since I received Takahiro's wedding invitation, my mind started wandering. To my immense surprised it was not the face of my beloved Takahiro that came to mind, but that of his younger brother. Every time I would close my eyes Misaki's face would present itself as if he were right in front of me. His beautiful glimmering eyes were hypnotic to my sleep deprived self, thus I was soon floating in the land of dreams.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.
Next update: Friday, November 11, 2016.