Chapter 28

Misaki never showed up for the book signing. His answer was loud and clear as it kept echoing in my head which was otherwise empty of all other thoughts. His response saddened me, and I have to admit that it also caused me immense pain, but I have to respect his choice. However, while I will respect his choice, I will never give up on him. I will do everything in my power to change his mind before I give him up. 

BANG

BANG

BANG

"Akihiko! Open this damn door if you don't want me to kick it open!"

Takahiro's booming voice came from outside my apartment door shocking me from my thoughts. Hesitatingly I got up to open the door.

"Takahiro, what are you doing-" I began but was stopped by a powerful punch hitting me in the jaw.

Immediately my hand rose up to massage my throbbing jaw. Takahiro now stood in my apartment glaring at me as if he wanted to kill me.

"You filthy bastard. How could you do this to me?" Takahiro shouted, voice laced with venom.

"Have you been drinking?" I decided to ignore his previous remark when I saw the bottle of beer in his hand.

"That's none of your business. I just came to warn you to stay away from Misaki." He responded.

"Wait, what happened? Care to explain to me why you barged into my home only to insult and threaten me?" I asked, starting to loose control of my patience as my anger took over.

"No Akihiko, why don't you explain to me how you were capable of stabbing me in the back. Explain to me with what motives you seduced Misaki, and turned him into a...a..." Takahiro stopped unable to continue, the slur now evident in his voice as his anger rose.

"Misaki told you about my relationship with him?" I asked as I tried to recover from the shock and tried to process what this could possibly mean.

"About your relationship? What relationship? The one you and Misaki have? That's not a relationship, that is a service you extorted from Misaki after turning him into a...a fag." Takahiro lashed at me.

My blood was starting to boil from all the anger I was holding in, but I reminded myself that I had to remain calm. Takahiro was probably confused and shocked after finding out about my relationship with Misaki, since he was so protective of him.

"Takahiro, listen to me. I love Misaki, and I'm sure he loves me too. I know we were wrong in keeping this a secret from you, but Misaki wanted to be the one to tell you. Please try to understand." I pleaded with him.

"Love? Funny Misaki said the same thing, and I will tell you what I told him; this isn't love, it's disgusting and unnatural. Love is pure, how can you call that love?" He asked.

I clenched my jaw in anger, it was all I could do not to punch Takahiro like my fists were itching to do. I had to remind myself that he was still Misaki's brother, and that he was my first friend.

"Takahiro you are drunk, why don't we talk when you sober up. You can sleep in the guest room if you want to." I said in the calmest voice I could muster as I reached for him.

"I don't need to sober up, and I'm done talking with you. I just came to tell you to stay away from Misaki." He said as he yanked his arm from my grip and turned to walk out the door.

I was about to follow him when my cel phone rang and I answered without checking who was calling in hopes that it was Misaki.

"Akihiko, we need to talk."

"Not now Father." I said before hanging up and going after Takahiro.

I took the elevator to the first floor hoping that Takahiro hasn't gone far. I shouldn't have let him leave, especially since he was drunk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misaki's P.O.V

"Misaki, Misaki help me!" Manami's shout for help woke me up from my uneasy sleep on the couch where I stayed all night waiting for nii-chan, who never came home.

"What's going on?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and got up.

"Misaki, I'm going into labor. I need to go to the hospital right now." Manami said as she struggled to walk toward me.

Instantly all other thoughts left my mind as slight panic settled in. She was going into labor now? What do I do? Hospital, right.

I helped he outside and we managed to grab a taxi. The drive to the hospital was nerve wracking and I was in complete panic mode letting my body operate on auto pilot. Manami was sweating beside me as she clenched her teeth in an attempt to stop her whimpers of pain from escaping. I tried to rub her back in order to soothe her as she squeezed the life out of my other hand. Why couldn't the taxi go any faster, doesn't he realize Manami is about to go into labor?

What felt like an eternity later we finally arrived at the hospital. Manami was rushed inside and I was left with a whole lot of paper work to fill out.

It wasn't until I was done filling out the information sheet that I remembered nii-chan. He never came home yesterday, and he wasn't home this morning. Worried, I took out my phone and called him praying he would answer. He didn't, not the first time I called him nor the tenth time I called.

I looked at the time and saw that it was already noon. Noon. Usagi-san's face floated up into my mind as his voiced echoed, 'I'll be waiting for you.' With a sinking feeling I realized I had missed Usagi-san's book signing, after promising I wouldn't.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.