Chapter 8

Misaki's P.O.V

I heard the doorbell ringing downstairs, but I was too mad to get up and find out who had arrived. I was so frustrated with Usagi-san at the moment. I could not believe that he had practically forbidden me to see Sumi-senpai, who was the first friend that I had made so far. It was hard for me to make friends since I was not the best at socializing with others. I remembered the first time I met Sumi-senpai, he was the only one who even bothered to help me when I made a fool of myself by tripping down the stairs. While everyone else looked at me with pity or laughter, Sumi-senpai offered me his hand and helped me without showing any judgment. However, what hurt me the most about the way Usagi-san was acting was the fact that he did not trust me enough to realize that I would never betray him. I could never look at another man that wasn't Usagi-san, because I fell in love with him when I saw him cry after losing my brother.

"Akihiko-sensei, will you stop ignoring me..." A small timid voice shouted downstairs.

I tried to ignore the voice that I had heard, but I found it impossible to upon realizing that the voice that had spoken was a male voice who was not Usagi-san. I contemplated on whether I should put aside my anger to go see who it was or if I should just pretend that I had heard nothing. In the end my curiosity won and I reluctantly got up to go see who was the owner of the voice that I had heard. I was half way down the stairs when I stopped in mid-step due to the sight that greeted me. Usagi-san currently had his arms around a petite boy with light brown hair and forest green eyes. The boy was blushing as he held on to MY Usagi-san. All at once I felt an immense amount of jealousy and anger as I have never experienced before. How dare Usagi-san touch someone else who was not me, and then go and forbid me to see someone who I considered a dear friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Usagi-san's P.O.V

My editor, Onodera-san, came unannounced to check up on my progress. He was clearly annoyed to find out that I had accomplished very little in the month that I was suppose to finish my manuscript. On a normal day I would be glad to talk with him about my manuscript, but today was an exception. All I wanted was to march upstairs and pound on Misaki's door until he came out and talked to me. However, I was stuck trying to explain to Onodera-san why I had not progressed on my manuscript since that last time he came to check up on me.

"Akihiko-sensei, please listen to what I am telling you. Don't you understand that if you don't show any progress in your manuscript I will be the one to get in trouble." He said in as stern a voice as he could manage.

"Onodera-san, I do not have time for small talk. If you are done with what you came to do then you can leave." I told him with an edge of impatience in my voice.

"Do you ever listen to me. I just want you to do your work, so that I can do mine." He said almost pleadingly.

I almost felt sorry for him, after all he was the best editor that I have ever had, but right now all I wanted was to fix things up with Misaki. I hated being in a fight with him, but I am not willing to give up. As soon as I laid eyes on Sumi-senpai, I knew that he wanted to steal my Misaki. That bastard could give it his best try but he will never be able to take Misaki away from me. I would have to be dead for that to happen.

"Akihiko-sensei, will you stop ignoring me." The voice of Onodera-san interrupted my thoughts.

"I heard you." I lied effortlessly.

"No you did not. Now, as I was saying, I'll let this time slide. However, I will be back next week and I expect you to have your finished manuscript." He said.

Then he got up and started to walk towards me to hand me the book he brought with him, a book that I had written a while ago. As he was walking towards me he tripped and was about to fall when I reached out to catch him. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his waist as he held on to me to steady himself. He flushed with embarrassment as he looked up ready to apologize, but something stopped him. I let him go and turned around to look at what had stopped him. My blood ran cold upon seeing Misaki standing on the stairs with a look in his eyes that could just about kill anyone who dares to meet his gaze.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.
Next update: Friday, December 16, 2016.