Chapter 17

Author's Note:

              To all my precious readers who have supported me, I want to sincerely apologize for not having updated in a long time. School became very demanding and we had a lot of homework given to us in preparation for the AP exams and for the final exams. I had very little free time to write. So, once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you all. However, from now on I will be back to updating the rest of this story. I hope you all continue to support me and thank you for everything. 

-Sapphire3721

***Author's Note end***

Misaki's P.O.V

As soon as we arrived Usagi-san was swept away by the crowd, and I was a left alone. I found my way to a corner in the back of the room where I could spend the rest of the night uninterrupted. Up on the stage, Usagi-san was starting his speech with a bright smile that fooled everyone, except me, into thinking he was an angel.

About halfway through Usagi-san's speech, a man came to stand beside me. He was probably in his late forties, and he exuded an air of importance. He said nothing as he intensely listened to Usagi-san speak. I found myself becoming uncomfortable in his presence and was just about to walk away when he spoke.

"Don't leave." Was his simple command, and for some reason the sound of his voice sent chills racing down my spine.

"Pardon me?" I asked hoping he had mistaken me with someone else.

"I would like to speak with you, you are Misaki Takahashi correct?" He answered with a question.

A warning bell went of in my head, but I responded anyway.

"Yes I am Misaki Takahashi, can I help you?"

"Mr. Takahashi, do you know who I am?" He asked completely ignoring my previous question.

"No, I don't know who you are sir. However you seem to know me." I retorted.

"Yes I know everything there is to know about you, after all I would like to know what kind of a person my son is going out with." He replied.

At that moment everything clicked and I finally realized that I was talking to Usagi-san's father. Immediately my irritation was replaced by nervousness. I never expected to find myself talking to Usagi-san's father. However what concerned me most was that he knew about my relationship with his son.

"Sorry sir, I had no idea that you were Usagi-san's father." I said.

"Takahashi how much would it take for you to terminate your relationship with my son?" He asked in the coldest voice I have ever heard.

Silence stretched between us as I tried to recover from the shock that was caused by his previous inquiry.

"E-excuse me?" I asked hoping that I had somehow heard wrong.

"I asked how much money would it take for you to leave my son and never show your face to him again." He replied as casually as if he was asking about the weather.

"Sir, with all due respect, I will not leave your son for money. I love your son." I replied with increasing anger at such an outrageous proposition.

"Fine, so what will it take for you to leave my son?" He questioned me.

"I will never leave Usagi-san, unless he specifically asked me himself." I said as my face reddened in anger.

"As you wish, however this is the only offer I will make to you, so think over it carefully and give me a call if you change your mind." He said as he slipped his business card into my suit pocket.

"I won't change my mind." I replied with conviction.

"That's fine, there are other ways to get what I want. One more thing, you should know that I always get what I want." He warned as he walked away from me.

I was left trembling in anger, and with a massive headache. However, I fixed a smile on my face and went in search of Usagi-san. At the moment what I needed the most was for Usagi-san to hug me and tell me that he loved me.

***End of Chapter***

As always, if you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.