Chapter 16

One week later....

"Usagi-san, hurry up and get dressed. We are going to be late to your award ceremony." Misaki said as he scurried about the room frantically.

"Misaki relax, it's not like they can start without us. I am, after all, the guest of honor." I reassured him in a soothing voice.

Misaki stopped pacing long enough to send me a stern look that said 'if I didn't want to die, I would start getting dressed now'. Without further prodding, I got up from the bed and started to get dressed. I knew better than to disobey Misaki when he gives me that look.

"Usagi-san, are you done? I need help." Misaki shouted from the bathroom.

I finished buttoning my shirt before I walked over to the bathroom. There I found Misaki  struggling to tie his tie. With a frustrated look, Misaki turned to me so that I could tie his tie for him. I find it refreshing every time Misaki comes to me for help with his tie, because it's the only time he asks me for help, instead of the other way around.

"Usagi-san, are you okay with your speech. Do you have it memorized?" Misaki questioned nervously.

"Misaki, calm down. I have everything under control." I responded in an attempt to calm his nerves.

"Usagi-san promise me you won't do anything weird and unnecessary." Misaki demanded as I finished tying his tie.

"I promise I'll behave if you give me a kiss." I bribed him.

Misaki looked at me for a moment before he let out a resigned sigh.

"Close your eyes." Was all he said as he moved closer to me.

I was mildly surprised that he agreed to kiss me, but I was not about to complain. Therefore, I excitedly closed my eyes and waited for Misaki to kiss me. However, seconds later it wasn't a kiss that grazed my lips, rather it was a gentle pressure on my forehead that I received. I opened my eyes to see Misaki on his tippy toes as he reached up to kiss my forehead.

"There, I gave you a kiss. Now you have to behave yourself at the ceremony, understand." Misaki inquired.

"Misaki, that wasn't a kiss. I want a kiss to the mouth." I told him.

"You promised you would behave if I kissed you, you never said I had to kiss you on the mouth, though." Misaki responded as he moved away.

"Okay, fine. You win. I'll behave, but don't think, not even for a second, that you are free from me." I warned him, before stealing a quick kiss from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the venue for the ceremony, and I was immediately greeted with cheers and applauses. In the midst of the confusion I lost Misaki, as I was swept away by Isaka-san. I was lead up on to the stage and told, by Isaka-san, that it was time to give the opening speech. Therefore I had no choice but to start my speech, and hope that Misaki was okay on his own.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I please have your attention. I would like to present to you the one and only Usami-sensei." Isaka-san introduced me, before stepping aside to let me give my speech.

"Good evening everyone. I would like to thank everyone here for taking the time from their busy schedules, in order to be here. I am truly grateful to you all. I would also like to say that none of this would have been possible if it weren't for my editor and my publishers, whom have helped me immensely on this magnificent journey. It is my greatest pleasure to receive this award, in fact just having been nominated for such a prestigious award was in itself an accomplishment for me. I am overjoyed that my novel was able to touch so many people, and I hope that it will continue to do so...." I continued my speech with the brightest smile I could summon, as I discreetly looked around the room, looking for Misaki.

My eyes roamed around as my mouth spewed honey coated words in order to meet Isaka-san's orders. Finally after I was about to give up hopes of finding Misaki, from the stage, I saw his face among the crowd of applauding audience. Misaki, however, was not applauding. He was standing next to a man, whom I knew very well, and they appeared to be in a tense conversation. My only hope was that the man hadn't completely ruined my relationship with Misaki.

***End of Chapter***

If you've enjoyed this chapter please show your support by voting and commenting. I would greatly appreciate receiving feedback on what you all think of the story so far, whether you like it or not. If you don't like the story, please comment why and what I can do to make it better. Also, the story is coming to an end pretty soon, that is why I need feedback as to whether I am a decent writer, or if I suck at writing. Depending on the feedback I get, a sequel could be a possibility.

Once more thanks for all the support thus far, I hope you all will continue to support me by reading my story.

-Sapphire3721