Chapter 18

"Misaki, is something wrong?" I asked.

We were on our way home from the ceremony. Misaki was quieter than normal and I had a feeling I knew the reason why. While I was giving my speech, I saw my father walk over to Misaki. They talked for a while and then he was gone. However, Misaki's facial expression, after my father left, told me all I needed to know.

"No, I'm fine." He responded after some deliberation.

"Misaki I know that you aren't fine, what did he say to you?" I asked him in hopes that he would tell me why he was upset.

"What did who say?" He said trying to act as if he had no clue what I was referring to.

"What did my father say to you? I saw him talking to you while I was giving my speech." I told him.

"He didn't say anything." Misaki said after a period of silence. However I wasn't about to let this topic go.

"I know he said something to upset you, just tell me what he said already." I demanded.

"He...he told me..." Misaki seemed reluctant to continue, but I sent him a look that prompted him to continue.

"...He told me to stay away from you." Misaki continued reluctantly.

Anger like I have never felt before started to stir within me, how could he even deem himself worthy to try to have a say in my life? He had multiple opportunities to try to be a father to me, but he never took the chance. Now that I am finally happy he decides to come into my life to ruin that happiness. Well, I will surely not allow him to ruin my happiness with Misaki, that I've worked so hard to achieve.

"Is that all he said?" I asked knowing that if he was involved, he could have done something so much worse.

"Yes, he just warned me to stay away from you." Was Misaki's reply.

"Misaki, I want you to forget ever having met that man and everything he told you. I love you and nothing will ever change that. So don't even think, not even for a second, that I'll let you leave me. Understood?" I told him.

"Yes." Was his simple reply.

"Good." With that I drove the rest of the way home, but I made sure to never let go of Misaki's hand the whole ride there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon arriving at home, Misaki went straight to our bedroom claiming tiredness. I, however, knew that he was still bothered by his meeting with my father. To be completely honest, Misaki having met my father, is of great concern for me. Their meeting is like the worst part of my life and the best part of my life clashing and I was not yet ready for the result. I wanted to keep Misaki away from that part of my life, but like a parasite that won't die, he comes to ruin everything for me. With that in mind I forced myself to make the call that I have long avoided.

"Hello, you have reached the Usami residence, how may I help you?" Was the response, given by a voice that I haven't heard in a long time. A voice that back when I was young was always able to calm me down and bring me reassurance.

"Tanaka is that you? It's me Akihiko." I answered somewhat excitedly.

There was a long silence on the other side of the line that I was starting to think that he had hung up on me.

"Akihiko-sama...is it really you?" Came the somewhat shocked response.

"Yes, it's me. Listen Tanaka, I need to ask you about something." I said in a more serious tone.

"Sure, ask whatever you want." Was his answer.

"Has my father been ordering people to follow me?" I inquired.

I was once again met with a short silence before Tanaka finally answered.

"Akihiko-sama, your father did order some of his men to follow you, but he seem to have changed his attention to a young man." Was the response that I dreaded to hear.

"Do you happen to know the name of that person?" I asked.

"His name is Misaki, Misaki Takahashi." Though I had already guessed the answer, hearing it is like a death sentence.

"Tanaka, can I ask you to keep me posted on any encounters between my father and Misaki?" I asked.

"Sure, Akihiko-sama. Is something the matter?" He asked with worry evident in his voice.

"Nothing yet, and I hope to keep it that way." Was my simple response.

With that we exchanged farewells with a promise to keep in touch.

Tanaka is the head butler for the Usami residence. However, he was more a father to me than my real father. As a young boy I really looked up to him, and he always treated me with kindness. I learned so much about how beautiful life could be from him, and it was thanks to him that I didn't give up on my life when my mother died. He helped me through my grief and it was also thanks to him that I was able to survive in that house long enough to finish Senior High. I truly do regret leaving him behind, but I couldn't stay in that house any longer.

***End of Chapter***

Author's recommendation:

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great week. I would like to take the time to recommend a Thai drama that I have recently watched. I fell in love with the characters, and the plot of this drama. So if you love BL dramas and are looking for something to watch, I highly recommend you check out SOTUS: The Series.

Last but not least, if you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.