Chapter 14

I woke up to the smell of coffee and scrambled eggs. Immediately I knew that it was Misaki who was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. With great difficulty I got up from the bed and went downstairs to greet Misaki.

"Morning." I yawned out, as I hugged Misaki from behind and laid my head on the crook of his neck.

"Usagi-san, stop being clingy so early in the morning. Go set the table. You can also make your coffee, the water is ready." Misaki responded.

I left Misaki's side to get the coffee ready, and to make tea for him. Then I helped Misaki bring the plates to the table and we proceeded to eat. As we were eating I was reminded of the night I asked Misaki to go on a date with me. I recalled that he didn't answer because he had fallen asleep, however now was the perfect time to take him on a date. Partly because u wanted to take his mind off of the events that transpired yesterday, but mainly because I wanted to go on a date with Misaki.

"Misaki, let's go on a date. I want to spend this whole day with you." I proposed.

"On a date? Usagi-san don't you have work to do?" He asked.

"I finished all my work yesterday, so today is the perfect day to go on a date." I argued.

"Okay, but let's make it a simple date. I don't want anything fancy." He finally agreed.

"Great. Get ready we leave in thirty minutes." I commanded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misaki and I were on the road driving towards our first destination; the beach. After a few minutes of questioning, I found out that Misaki has never been to the beach, therefore I decided to take him to there. I myself have only been to the beach a few times, before my mother died.

From the seat beside me I could feel Misaki's excitement. It warmed my heart to know that I was the cause of his excitement. That I was the one who put a smile on his face. Before I met Misaki, I would often find myself unaffected by others, however that all changed when I feel in love with him. Even when I was in love with Takahiro, I felt that there was something missing.

"Usagi-san we are here!! Wow the ocean is so huge!!" Misaki exclaimed as we got to the beach and he saw the ocean for the first time.

"Wait,Misaki don't run." I shouted as Misaki ran out of the car towards the water.

It was too late, Misaki had already reached the water. He was currently using his feet to create small splashes in the water.

"Misaki, take your shoes off. You don't want them to get any wetter." I said as I reached him.

Misaki obeyed my command, and took his shoes off. They were already wet, good thing I was prepared enough to bring him an extra pair of shoes.

The beach was fairly isolated, with only a couple of people running along the shore. I was thankful, with the beach this isolated, Misaki and I wouldn't have to worry about us being caught.

"Usagi-san look at what I found!!" Misaki said as he held up a conch seashell.

He then brought the shell up to my ear and told me to listen to the sea. I pulled him into a one arm embrace as I listened to the blood rushing to my head.

"Misaki, let's see who can collect the most seashells." I proposed, since Misaki seemed to be fascinated by the shells that littered the shore.

"Okay, the loser has to buy dinner." He said before sprinting off to collect seashells.

I watched him for a minute, relishing that fact that he was mine, before running after him to collect my share of seashells.

After about an hour of gathering shells, we decided to stop. To Misaki's immense delight, he the winner of our seashell contest.

"You own me dinner." Misaki told me as I grabbed him and kissed him.

His cheeks turned a light shade of pink, but he didn't seem to mind that I had kissed him. I grabbed Misaki's hand and interlaced our fingers as we started walking alongside the shore. The gentle lap of the water at our bare feet was soothing, as was the whisper of wind that would occasionally blow against our face.

Today has been perfect. I was able to see a new side to Misaki, a side that he would normally be reluctant to show. Misaki is normally the one who would be in control, and acts as the adult between the two of us. He would often have to get on me for not doing my work, but toady I was able to see him act childish. That in itself was a priceless sight that I would give anything to see more often.

"Misaki, let's go eat. I believe I own you dinner." I said happily, as we started to walk back to the car. I was incredibly ecstatic to see that Misaki hadn't let go of my hand the entire time.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.