Chapter 23

Misaki's P.O.V

The moment I laid eyes on the mansion that Usagi-san used to call home, I got the first inkling of just how far apart our worlds were. I grew up in a simple house, that is until my parents death. Once they died my brother and I had to move to an apartment that was barely suitable for living in. However, none of that mattered to me because I was happy just to be able to live with my brother. Yet, why is it that when I laid eyes on this mansion that could very well house the prime minister himself; I felt like I had entered a world in which Usagi-san was a part of and I wasn't. And that really planted a seed of fear within me.

"Mr. Takahashi, we are here." The driver that was sent to pick me up informed me before helping me out of the car despite my refusal and leading me inside.

If I thought the outside of the mansion was magnificent, the inside left me awestruck. It was as if I had stepped back in time. Everything was so elegant, as if the place was built for royalty. However, I did notice something that was not right. The place seemed to empty, like if it had been uninhibited for a long time. There was not a single sign of anything that might be considered personal. No pictures of any of the family members, no decorations, and the mansion was as silent as if it were abandoned.

"Misaki Takahashi welcome." A voice greeted me from the top of the grand stairway that stood at the entrance. It was Usagi-san's father.

"Fuyuhiko Usami-san, I'm here. I don't have much time though. Usagi-san might start looking for me if I take too long. So, I ask that you tell me what you have to say." I said.

"Don't worry about Akihiko. But I agree, we should get this conversation started. I assume you know what I'm about to ask you, correct?" He questioned.

"Yes, but you already know my answer too. So I would like to know why you had me brought here. My answer will always be the same, I'm not going to accept bribery no matter how much you offer me." I said with absolute certainty.

"Please sit, would you like anything to drink? No, okay. Let me tell you something Miskai, I didn't bring you here to bribe you because I know that won't work." He started after I declined his offer at having something to drink.

"Then why did you have me brought here?" I asked.

"I want to appeal to you as a father. All I want is the best for my son, and that is why I went to such lengths to separate you from him-"

"Excuse me but aren't you in the least concerned about his happiness, because to me it seems like you want to control him." I interrupted.

"Sometimes what is best for you is different from what makes you happy. However, you might not yet understand this. All I want is to help you see that you have nothing to gain from staying by Akihiko's side." He paused to look me straight in the eyes before continuing on.

"This society in which we live will never accept your relationship, in fact this relationship will only bring you pain." He said.

I stayed silent because all my worries and insecurities rushed back to me. I myself had thought of the difficulties we would have to face if our relationship was ever found out by the media. At those times I would end up pushing such thought away, but now that he had thrown them at me, it was hard to just ignore them.

"Think of Akihiko's career. Do you think he would still be accepted and respected if they found out he was homosexual. And to make matters worst, his partner is seven years younger than him." Every word he spoke was like a bullet that he was shooting at me.

I knew that if our relationship was discovered, Usagi-san's career could possibly suffer the biggest impact. So, why was I still by his side? Some could say it's love, I would probably even argue that it is due to love. However deep down a part of me whispered the truth. I wasn't strong enough to end my relationship with Usagi-san . I was a coward. I was also being selfish by choosing my own happiness over Usagi-san's career.

"I love Usagi-san." I voiced in an attempt to gain confidence, but I knew that he wasn't fooled by the look of triumph he shot at me. He knew that my resolve was slowly starting to crumble.

"If you love him, truly love him, then give him back his future." Fuyuhiko-san said.

"I love Usagi-san." I could only repeat this phrase because it comforted me the most when Usagi-san said it to me.

I came thinking I could solve this whole mess and that we could finally put this behind us, however, I was now regretting my hasty decision. My mind was a mess, thought flying all over the place. My confidence and resolve hanging on by a single piece of thread, that was bound to snap at any moment.

"If that doesn't convince you, then think of how your brother would react to finding out about your relationship to Akihiko."

Snap

The thread was broken.

***End of Chapter***

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a fantastic week. I just want to thank everyone for the support that you all continue to express towards me by reading my story. I also want to thank you all for the 3k reads the story has received and for the 100+ votes. It really makes me happy when I see how many people enjoy reading my story, and all the comments never fail to bring a smile to my face. Thank you all and until next time.

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.