Chapter 12

Usagi-san's P.O.V

"Misaki, let's go on a date on my next day off." I said as I held Misaki in my arms for the first time in a week.

The only response I got was Misaki's soft snoring. I couldn't fight the smile that crept onto my face upon hearing his soft snores. I was reminded that I wasn't the only one who had, had a rough week. Misaki also had to suffer my absence as I had to suffer his. Thinking of all the sleepless night that he must have endured prevented me from waking him up. The question of our date would have to wait for tomorrow, when he was well rested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke in the morning to Misaki's sleeping face resting on my chest, a sight that made my heart skip a beat. If I could I would have stayed in bed and watched Misaki till he woke up, but I had to get up for one final day of work. After today I would be done with work and be free to resume my regular schedule. With this thought in mind I got up and changed into a new suit after a quick shower. Then I scribbled a short note for Misaki and gave him a kiss before leaving.

No matter how fast I drove I was still late for the meeting I was scheduled to attend. While I myself cared very little for this particular meeting, there was this person who would surely waste no time in lecturing me about the importance of promptness.

"Akihiko why are you late?" Isaka-san, who was the owner of the publishing company in charge of my books, questioned me the minute I stepped foot inside the company.

"I overslept." Was my simple reply.

Isaka-san was my older brother's childhood friend, therefore I have known him for a long time. In fact he was the one responsible for my career. When I was a teenager he discovered one of my stories and encouraged me to publish it, saying something like 'such talent should not be wasted'. For some reason that I myself am unable to comprehend I heeded his advice and proceeded to publish my first novel.

"Idiot, how can you oversleep. Do you know how important this meeting is for the company?" He shouted.

"I came because you kept on pestering me, but you should remember that this meeting holds no importance to me." I told him.

"Your attitude pisses me off, but never mind, the meeting is about to start." He said as he lead the way to the meeting room.

"I'm warning you, don't mess this up." Was his final warning before he opened the door and ushered me in.

The room was bare except for a long table with chairs surrounding it. Currently sitting on one side of the table were three men whom I assume were the focus of the meeting. On the other side of the table was Onodera-san, my editor.

"Good morning gentleman. We are glad everyone was able to make it. As you all know this is Akihiko Usami, the author who is behind the masterpiece that we are here to discuss." Isaka-san introduced.

"Good morning, it's a pleasure to meet everyone. I'm delighted and honored to be here." I greeted with a dazzling smile, that was sure to win over anyone.

We sat down and began the meeting. Isaka-san was the most vocal of the group, I just sat back and let my mind wander to Misaki. I wonder if he has woken up yet, and if he has read the letter that I left for him. I was picturing what kind of expression he would show when I felt someone step on my foot. I turned to my side only to be met with a glare from Isaka-san, who had been the one to step on my foot.

"Akihiko, as they were saying, your novel is being turned into an anime. What do you think?" Isaka-san informed me.

"I don't mind, in fact I am flattered that my novel was chosen." I said to the three men who were looking at me with an expectant expression.

"We would also like you to look over the list of voice actors and approve them, if there is anyone you would like to request feel free to inform us." One of the men said.

"Gentleman, I specialize in writing novels therefore I have no knowledge of what is desirable in a voice actor. However I believe that you gentlemen are professionals when it comes to producing an animation, therefore I leave everything in your hands." I said as I got up to leave.

"Great, then we will take care of everything. However there is one more thing we would like to discuss." Said the third man.

"What is it?" I questioned as I reluctantly sat back down.

"We would like you to attend a book signing to promote the release of the anime." The second man said.

"We will be honored to oblige, right Akihiko." Isaka-san interceded before I could refuse.

"Right." I said, once I realized that I had no other option.

"Great, then we look forward to working with you." They said in unison.

"Likewise." Isaka-san, Onodera-san, and I responded.

The meeting was officially over and I was free to go home. I couldn't wait to get home so that I could spend time with Misaki's. Little did I know of the surprise that was waiting for me once I got home. A surprise that I would much rather never receive.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.