Chapter 10

I was once again struck with wonder at how delightful it felt to kiss Misaki. It was a feeling incomparable to any other, a feeling that filled my whole body with warmth and sent my heart racing at a million beats per second. Without thinking I broke off the kiss and whispered-

"I love you."

As soon as the words were out of my mouth I knew that I had made a mistake, evident in the way Misaki tensed up. From the beginning I knew that I shouldn't rush things with Misaki, as he was known to run away from commitments. However, I don't think there was anything I could have done to have stopped myself from uttering the words I had just released into the room. Words that now hung in the air as if they were a curse.

Misaki's face was a mask of calmness hiding his confusion, fear, sadness, nervousness, and happiness. Emotions that were only evident by his forever expressive eyes. Eyes that were telling me that he didn't want to hurt me, but that he was uncertain about his feelings for me. It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't hurt by Misaki's silence, because it pained me to know that his feelings for me might not be love. However, I loved him and knew that if I wanted to ever hear him echo those words back at me, I would have to withdraw for now.

"Goodnight Misaki. Go to sleep, we'll talk tomorrow." I said before giving him a quick kiss and leaving the room.

I went to my office and opened a new packet of cigarettes. I lit one and started smoking my pain and frustration away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning sun's rays was shining through the window as I finished the last cigarette from the packet I had just opened yesterday. The sleep that had eluded me the entire night finally came and weighed down on my eyelids. I willingly gave in and decided that sleeping for a while would be acceptable. As I was drifting off to sleep I felt a soft pressure on my shoulders, but I was to tired to move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of a door closing woke me up and upon checking the clock I saw that it was nine in the morning. I sat up and the blanket that had been covering my shoulders fell to the ground. My heart skipped a beat when I figured out that it was Misaki who had covered me with the blanket. I got up and went downstairs to find Misaki, as he is usually in the kitchen cooking breakfast at this time in the morning. However, to my immense surprise, Misaki was not in the kitchen. In fact he was nowhere in the apartment. I was reminded of the sound that woke me up, and everything became clear, Misaki was avoiding me. I will not lie, it pained and scared me to think that I might loose Misaki.

***End of Chapter***

I'm so sorry for the short chapter. I can't promise that the next one will be long because I haven't written it yet, however, it will be longer than this chapter. I'm sorry if the chapters are boring, this is my first story and I have yet to gain experience. I'll try to update more frequently, but I can't make any promises. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.
Thanks for all the support,
Sapphire3721