Chapter 7

I could not express the immense jealousy that I felt when I realized that Misaki was showing such a cute expression to someone who was clearly not me. I was so used to having Misaki around that I did not even think about how things would change once he entered university. I knew that I should let him make friends, but I was not ready to share him with anyone yet. The more I fell in love with Misaki the more I wanted him to love me back. I wanted to keep him locked up so that no one would steal him from me. I feared my growing desire to monopolize Misaki, because I realized that my desires could hurt him. At the same time my fear of losing Misaki was much greater than any of the other emotions causing a ruckus in my heart.

"-hiko" Hiroki was calling my name with a questioning look.

"What?" I questioned.

"What's wrong? You've had this scary look in your eyes and your hands are clenched into a fist." He inquired with a concerned look on his face.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. I have to go." I replied in a hurry and was partly out the door when he shouted-

"Akihiko, don't forget to bring back my books"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was outside the university building waiting for Misaki to come out. I had decided not to cause a scene, and instead I settled with picking Misaki up. It took all the self control I had to have not gone in and dragged Misaki back home with me. However, that little bit of self control disappeared as soon as Misaki walked out the school gates. The reason being the person he was walking beside. It was the same person who was touching MY Misaki earlier. The rage and jealousy I had felt earlier resurfaced, prompting my outburst.

"Misaki!!!" I shouted.

"USAGI-SAN?!?!?!" Misaki shouted in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Misaki questioned once he recovered from his initial shock.

"I came to pick you up, now get in the car." I instructed as I glared at the person standing way to close to Misaki.

"Usagi-san, I told you that you didn't have to come pick me up." Misaki said with an annoyed look on his face.

"Just get in, we're leaving now." I informed him as I pulled him towards me and opened the car door to let him in.

"Hey, wait. I need to say bye to Sumi-senpai..." Misaki started to say, but I refused to let him out of my hold.

"Misaki, it's okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow. It was a pleasure to meet you Usami-sensei." The person Misaki called Sumi-senpai said as he left.

"Baka Usagi, why did you have to come. I specifically told you not to pick me up." Misaki said with an angry flush staining his cheeks.

"I don't like him, you should stop hanging out with him. He just wants to take advantage of you." I said as I shut the car door and started the drive home.

"Usagi-san stop judging people and deciding that they want to take advantage of me. Sumi-senpai is the first friend I've made and I want to keep him as a friend." Misaki pleaded with me.

"You can make other friends, friends who are not out to seduce you so that they can take you away from me." I responded.

Misaki did not offer a reply, but I could tell that he was mad at me because he turned to look out the window and refused to talk to me. I understood his anger, but I could not bring my jealousy under control. When it came to Misaki my greatest fear was loosing him to someone who was better suited for him. I feared that one day he would realize that he doesn't need me, and decide to leave me. Therefore, though I know how much my jealousy hurts Misaki, I will not let him get close to anyone I consider a danger to him.

As soon as we arrived home Misaki went upstairs without saying a word to me. I followed in an attempt to settle our argument, but all I got was his bedroom door slammed onto my face. I sighed, but I decided that it would be best if I left Misaki alone to cool down. So I went downstairs to try to work on the manuscript I was currently working on.

Ding dong

Ding dong

Ding dong

The sound of the doorbell interrupted my plans. I reluctantly went to open the door, and was surprised to see my editor standing in my doorway. He was suppose to come next week, so why was he here. The door was already open, so it was to late to run away now. I sighed once more as I stepped aside to let my frowning editor inside.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.
Next update: Friday, December 9, 2016.