Chapter 21

It has been a week since I ordered someone to watch over Misaki and so far everything was as it should be. My father hasn't done anything nor has he attempted to contact Misaki. A part of me was relieved at the way things were progressing, however the other part couldn't help but worry at the possibility that my father was plotting something. All I could hope for was that he somehow gave up on ruining my life and decided to leave me alone. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he were only after me but the fact that he brought Misaki into this mess is what troubled me the most.

Misaki was a strong person despite his weak appearance. How wouldn't easily succumb to threats and bribes. He had a strong will, but I was still worried that my father would find some way to destroy all that. I trusted Misaki but my father had a way of finding your weakness and using it against you to get what he wants. I knew this because I have experienced it first hand as a child. My father would always use my only weakness, who was my mother, to get me to follow his orders. However after my mother's death, he no longer had anything to use against me.

Ring

Ring

Ring

The sound of my phone brought me out of my reverie. I answered on the third ring.

"Hello." I curtly greeted the other person.

"Mr. Usami, I have urgent news to report about Misaki. Today he met with your brother Haruhiko. Rest assured it was Mr. Haruhiko who made contact with Misaki and Misaki was reluctant to go with him, but something seemed to have changed his mind. As of now I'm not sure what they talked about because the cafe was rather loud and I couldn't get close to them without being detected. However their topic of conversation seemed to have upset Misaki because he had this troubled look on his face after Mr. Haruhiko parted. That is all for today's report, Misaki should be home any minute now; he just entered your apartment complex." With that he hung up.

And sure to his word Misaki arrived home a few minutes later. However my mind was still processing what I have just been told. I was coming up with all the possible topics of conversation that they could have talked about. The one topic that kept on coming up, consequently the one topic that I didn't want to acknowledge, was the topic of Misaki breaking up with me. I was sure that my father was behind this meeting, my greatest concern was that he had figured out I had a bodyguard protecting Misaki and he was using Haruhiko as a distraction from himself.

"Usagi-san I'm home." Misaki greeted as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Welcome home." I responded as I walked towards him to give him a kiss.

"Where did you go today?" I asked, hoping he would tell me about his meeting with my brother.

"I told you that I was going to visit my brother after school and then go grocery shopping." Misaki responded while averting his eyes and moving away from me.

The emotions that rose within me were somewhat conflicting. I was glad that Miskai seemed to be all right and he wasn't harmed. However I was disappointed that he didn't mention having met with my brother. I was trapped. I couldn't tell Misaki that I knew of his meeting with my brother without exposing the fact that I had someone following him. I'm sure Miskai would be opposed to being followed even if I explained that it was for his own protection. Misaki valued his privacy and he also disliked it when I did anything to try to help him. He was very independent, almost as if he were afraid of being a burden. What he didn't know was that I would gladly carry any burden for him if it meant I could stay by his side forever.

"How is Takahiro doing?" I asked instead after I concluded that I couldn't get any information from Misaki regarding his meeting with my brother.

"My brother, well he is doing all right. He is just nervous because the baby's due date is very near. They are both excited, but you know how my brother is; he worries too much." Misaki said with a fond smile on his face.

It has been months since I last had a proper face to face conversation with Takahiro. My affection for him remains, however it was no longer affection for a lover it was affection for a friend. I realized that I no longer felt love for Takahiro because Misaki took over my heart. He took the broken pieces and glued them back together. Now, I couldn't imagine my life without Misaki. I also started to entertain the possibility that my feeling of love for Takahiro was only a sense of gratitude because he took me in as friend when I needed one the most.

"When is the baby due?" I asked after all that child was going to be my godchild.

"If all goes according to plan the baby should be born by he beginning of next year if not the end of this year." Misaki said with excitement shinning in his eyes.

Misaki was ecstatic to become an uncle. He would often go shopping with Manami for baby clothes and any toys they thought was essential for a baby to own. To be honest I found children a big chore. All they do is cry and you would have to figure out what they wanted and hope you get it right the first time or else they'll cry forever. However, Misaki was happy and I didn't want to ruin that happiness for him.

"Usagi-san go set the table, dinner is almost ready." Misaki said after a while.

I did as Misaki asked and then we ate dinner, before heading to sleep.

"I need to finish my manuscript, so you can go ahead and sleep." I said to Miskai as he was getting ready for bed.

"Okay, goodnight. Don't stay up too late." He said as he climbed into bed.

"Goodnight Misaki." I said as I kissed his forehead before leaving the room.

I went to my office and picked up my phone to make a phone call. I had not forgotten about Misaki's meeting with my brother. And if I couldn't get the details from Misaki then I would have to get them from Haruhiko himself.

***End of Chapter***

If you enjoyed this chapter please comment, vote, share, and follow.