Request - Jace Wayland "That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."

"Go away." He didn't even look up when you walked into his room. He had his arms crossed on the table and he was staring into nowhere.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jace." You shook your head and sat down on the edge of his bed. You knew that he hated it when you did that, but you hated it when he locked himself up in his room without telling you why.

"This is my room and I tell you to go away." He turned around, his lips were forming a straight line and he narrowed his eyes a little. His eyes were however red from crying and he swallowed a few times when he realized that you had seen it.

"Yes, you can tell me to go away. That doesn't mean I'll actually do it." You cocked your head and crossed your arms over your chest too. If he was being stubborn, you just had to make sure you were even more stubborn. "I can see that you're in pain and I'm not gonna let you go through that on your own."

"I'm not in pain!" He stood up from his seat and he slammed his fists on the wooden table, almost breaking the poor thing in half.

You raised your eyebrows and stood up from his bed. You walked towards him, your nose touching his and your forehead only a few inches away from his angry frown. "So, that's why you've been crying? That's why you've locked yourself up in your room? That's why you almost kill a table when I say something? Because you're not in pain?" You stayed calm and your voice was a soft whisper.

"Sometimes I hate you." Jace turned around, but you placed a hand on his shoulder and forced him to turn back to you. "What?" He hissed between his teeth and you pressed the palm of your hand to his cheek.

"You can't ignore your feelings Jace. You can't act like the pain doesn't exist. Because that's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt." You sighed and saw how he closed his eyes for a short moment.

"I don't want to feel this. I'm a Shadowhunter. I shouldn't care about people this much." He grabbed your wrist and pushed your hand away.

"You're half angel, but you're also half human, Jace." You watched him and shook your head. "Sometimes being strong means allowing yourself to cry. And I promise that you'll feel a lot better after that cry."

There was nothing but silence for seconds, minutes and then he turned around and shrugged his shoulders. "I can't do this, okay?" He bent his head, but you already saw a tear rolling down his cheek.

"O yes, you can. And I'm gonna hold you until you've cried all the tears you've fought for way too long." You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and pressed him to your chest, knowing that it could take a while. You didn't mind. You didn't mind at all.