Jace Wayland - "Have you lost your damn mind!?"

"Jace!" You placed a hand on his shoulder and firmly you pulled him into your small hiding place. You knew that the wolves were close, closer than you would want to. But you knew that someone else was close too. "You can't go to Alec..." You shook your head, but Jace only frowned his eyebrows.

"Of course I can. He's my brother. I have to." He wanted to free himself from your grip, but you tightened it and pulled him towards you again.

"The clave is here, Jace." You exhaled and you felt your heart beating in your chest. "They know that Alec is here and they know that you're the only one who can save him."

"Why should that matter?" Jace swallowed. "I'm losing time!" He raised his voice and you felt your eyes watering.

"They will lock you up and who knows, maybe they'll even kill you for everything you've done while you've been with Valentine. And I know that none of it was your fault, but I don't want to lose you!"

"Have you lost your damn mind?" Jace hissed between his teeth. "My brother is dying and you're asking me to save my own skin? To run and let him die instead? Alec didn't do anything wrong."

"Jace, please..." You begged once more and the tears rolled down your cheeks while you wrapped your arms around the fierce hunter and pressed him to your chest. "What am I going to do when you're not there anymore?"

"You're gonna move on. I don't care how. Find a way." Jace pressed a kiss on your forehead. "I'm gonna save my brother. No matter what happens next." He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and then he kissed your lips shortly. "I'm sorry. About everything."

You held your breath while you watched him turning around and walking away. You knew deep down that he was right, that he couldn't let Alec die because he was afraid of what would happen next. You just knew that if Jace would die, a little part of you would die with him.