Jace Herondale - "So, the devil doesn't wear Prada after all."

"(Y/N)?" Jace raised his eyebrows when he opened the door and saw you standing there. He let his eyes wander over your entire body and then his lips trembled before he curled them up into a smile. "What happened?" He bit his lip, but it was already too late.

"Don't you dare to laugh!" You were soaked from head to toe. Your hair was a mess, glued to your forehead. The clothes you were wearing formed some sort of second skin and drops of water dripped on the ground around you.

"I don't laugh. I wouldn't dare to." Jace opened the door a little further and he gestured you to come in. "But that's not answering my question." He crossed his arms over his chest and shook his head. "I might have missed something, but the last time I checked the weather forecast there was no sign of rain. Unless this has been a very local rain shower."

You rolled your eyes and took a deep breath. "There was no local rain shower." You shrugged your shoulders. "I just..." You paused for a moment. "Tripped? At a very inconvenient place? And by that I mean right next to the pond in the park."

"You fell into the pond in the park?" Jace's smile brightened and he threw his head in his neck when his laugh escaped his lips. "I didn't know you and the ducks had such a close connection!" He could barely finish his sentence, another one of his laughs echoing through the hall of the institute.

"Jace Herondale!" You placed your hands in your sides and your lips formed a straight line while you locked your glance with his. "One more word and I'll punch you. Shadowhunter or not. Boyfriend or not." You shook your head. "Do you have any idea how pretty and cute I looked when I left the house? No, you don't. Because I arrived soaked from head to toe because I didn't see a stone and tripped over it and you're just laughing." You licked your lips. "And here I thought that you were a gentleman and would offer me a towel and a set of dry clothes!"

Jace chuckled while he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and guided you towards his room. "Of course. I assure you, I can laugh and be a gentleman at the same time." He was still grinning when he opened his closet and grabbed a soft towel. "Do you want me to dry you too?" He winked and you took a deep breath.

"You're playing with fire, Jace Herondale. And if you're not careful, you might end up burning yourself. Don't say that you haven't been warned." You grabbed the towel from him and you pulled your shirt over your head and took off your soaked jeans.

"So, the devil doesn't wear Prada after all." Jace winked and you raised your eyebrows while you used the towel to dry yourself as much as you could.

"At the moment she doesn't wear much at all, because her crappy boyfriend is still laughing at her instead of finding her a set of clothes." You crossed your arms over your chest and raised your eyebrows when Jace still wasn't moving.

"I know you've spent hours on looking cute, but..." Jace walked towards you and he placed his hands on your shoulders. "Maybe your crappy boyfriend prefers you like this. Or actually..." He unclipped your bra and smirked once more. "I still think you're wearing too many clothes."

You sighed, but you couldn't help but smiling a little smile. "Seriously, what the hell should I do with you?"

"I might have a few ideas." Jace's nose brushed yours before he kissed you.

"I bet you do..."