Bruce Banner's Neices

Keelan and Artemis sat on the steps of the police building, close to each other. The twins were practically  sitting the exact same way as each other, one leg draped over the other, heads in their cupped hands, eyes staring at nothing in particular.
" Kee, where will we go now?" Artemis asked curiously, his bright blue eyes shadowed by fear.
" I don't know, but whatever happens I will be with you," Keelan assured, her light brown eyes calm and reserved.
" The police said they found a family member for us to stay with, apparently he's mum's brother," Artemis murmured.
" Well, if he takes us, we will have a place that stay," Keelan replied tersely.
" And if he doesn't?" Artemis asked.
" Well then, we will just have to sleep in the park tonight," Keelan decided, her voice strong and without fear.

" Excuse me?" Bruce asked the policemen in front of him, eyes wide in surprise.
" As you know, your sister died two nights ago, along with her husband," The policeman began, clearing his throat.
" I haven't heard from my sister in thirteen years," Bruce mused, interrupting the sergeant.
" Well, as I was saying, now that she has permanently departed, you are the closest of kin to her children, Kee and Artemis Natu," He stated.
" She has children?! Those poor kids," Bruce exclaimed sadly.
" We were wanting to asked you, would you be willing to take in your sisters children, they've nowhere else to go," A Policewoman inquired as she spoke up.
" I, I guess I can, but I don't know anything about parenting," Bruce mumbled incredulously.
" Not to worry, Kee does a lot of the parenting anyway. They're outside, once the paperwork is done you can take them home with you," the policeman replied great fully.

" Hey kids, you guys wouldn't happen to be Kee and Artemis would you?" Bruce asked as he left the building, approaching the two kids.
" We are, what's it to you?" Asked the older looking of the two, the girl with dark brown hair and light brown eyes, a fiercely brave look in her face.
" I'm Bruce Banner, your uncle, and now it's time for you two to come home with me. You'll be living with me and my teammates now," Bruce introduced.
The girl stiffly took his hand, still eyeing him critically, the other was just staring off in to the distance, her auburn hair shining in the sun and her blue eyes not showing any  recognition.
" Come on Arty," The dark brown haired girl murmured, helping the other to her feet and following Bruce to his car.
" It's time to go to our new home," She added sadly.