Recovery

Artemis sat by Kee all night long, and in to the next day, but her sister didn't wake up. Kee just stayed asleep, not even moving. She wouldn't take fluids or food through an IV or manually, so she was wasting away. Bruce had said that while the cut was deep, because it was in her arm, like Artemis's, it shouldn't have had this affect, so no one quite knew why she was still just sleeping there. Artemis knew that Kee was hurt, that she was in pain, but Artemis couldn't do anything about it. She ended up going to her room and sleeping the next day. When she awoke to dinner, Kee still wasn't there. Neither was Bruce, he hadn't left Kee's side, the whole time, he'd just  stayed there. He figured that maybe Kee Gould hear them and so when Artemis came again the next morning, she ended up reading her essay to Kee, whose essay had already been handed in the day if the attack, the school was still closed, so Artemis continued to sit with Kee. Bruce was exhausted and, after checking her wound again, fell asleep with his head on her chest. When Artemis knew he was asleep she sighed and pulled up a chair next to Kee's head.
" Oh Kee, why won't you wake up? You're always the strong one, always the brave one, you tried to protect me back there, you tried to make sure that I didn't get taken away without you, if he was going to take us. You were fighting for me the whole time, you fought and saved two whole school with that first kick, sure the avengers turned up, but you were the true hero, calming everyone in the storeroom, and then facing Loki bravely. Come in my sister, you have to wake up, I'm a twin, of you die, then half of me dies with you. Even though you won't die, you can't just sleep like that forever, or I won't be able to deal with this. Our parents are gone, Kee, you've tried to parent me for so long, that you've become immune to being helped with anything, but let me help you now, let your eyes open. Please Kee, I need you," Artemis sobbed, tears that she has been holding in came spilling out in spear got her sleeping sister.
No one had heard her but as Kee made no reaction she sighed, and after throwing a blanket over hers keeping dad and saying good night softly to his sleeping form, she left and fell in to a troubled sleep in the room that seemed empty without Kee.

Kee felt pain, so much pain, but it wasn't physical pain, it was mental pain, she felt someone's pain directed at her and she got pain herself at the answer she wanted to give. She faintly recognised a voice, Artemis's voice, talking to her softly, willing her to awake and Kee wanted to, but darkness and dreams enveloped her again.

When she awoke again she managed to open her eyes this time. She looked around painfully and saw Bruce sleeping with his head on her knees, slumped forward in his chair and with a blanket thrown over him. Someone else was sleeping in the corner, at least she thought they were sleeping, but they were awake. As they moved she recognised who it was.
" Steve?" She whispered, not wanting to wake Bruce.
Steve rushed over quickly at her voice and stared down at her  happily.
" Thank gosh you're awake! You've been sleeping much too long," Steve gushed teasingly.
" Sorry," Kee apologised, eyes already shutting again as pain filled her shoulder.
" No, no, no, you aren't sleeping Kee, stay up okay!" Steve said urgently, making her sit up painfully to stop her sleeping again.
" Bruce?" Kee ventured.
Nothing.
" Bruce?" She asked a little louder.
Still nothing.
" Dad," She tried, the word feeling strange on her tongue.
Bruce wake up slowly and grained, but when he saw her smiling at him he got up quickly, making sure that she had enough pillows, that she wasn't hungry, she was thirsty though, and was given water.
" You're Okay Kee, you're okay," Bruce whispered.