Heroes and Essays

Steve was looking on in shock as she sent the bag flying away from her, it swung back quickly, looking as though it was about to hit her. Steve leapt forward, tackling her to the ground fiercely, the bag just centimetres from hitting both of them, swung drunkenly above. Steve rolled to the side and stood up.
Kee groaned and stood up, nursing her hand which had fallen under the both of them.
" You okay?" Steve asked in concern.
" Obviously not!" Kee snapped.
She examined her hand, the last two fingers were at odd angles and she grimaced in disgust.
" Oh gosh, your hand, I'll call your uncle immediately," Steve reassured in shock.
" Hey, Jarvis," He began.
" Yes Captain Rogers?" Jarvis answered.
" NO!" Kee yelled, realising what he'd said.
Steve motioned for Jarvis to forget whatever he'd begun to say. He looked at Kee in confusion, knowing that Bruce would be able to fix it.
" I'll just fix it myself," Kee grumbled.
Before Steve could object she wrenched her fingers, one after the other, back in to position. She winced and bit her lip to stop herself was yelling in agony. With a click her fingers were back in place and she flexed them experimentally.
" There, I'm fine!" Kee said angrily, glaring at Steve who had his mouth open in shock.
" Close your mouth or you'll catch flies, and in future, don't call my uncle for anything! I don't need his help," Kee snarled before sauntering out of the room, muttering quietly to herself the whole time, and leaving Steve stuck alone in the room, still surprised at her manner, what was her problem with Bruce? And how was she acting so strong when most would have been yelling in pain and fear?

" Uncle Thor!" Artemis whined.
She'd grown to call them all Aunty and uncle excite for Bruce, who she now called daddy.
Thor turned to face her as she sat down at a stool in front of the kitchen bench. She had a pile of books in front of her, most had covers with the avengers on them.
" Yes, young Artemis?" Thor inquired, gesturing for her to continue.
" Can you help me with my essay?" Artemis pleaded, looking frustratedly at the pile of books.
Thor had a confused look on his face.
" What is an essay, is it a midgardian weapon?" He inquired curiously.
" No, it's something we have to write for school. I'm supposed to write about a group who inspires me and I want to write about the avengers," Artemis informed, getting excited at the end of her statement.
" Oh, you should ask Tony, he knows of midgardian writing," Thor advised, clearly knowing he'd be no help at all.
Artemis sighed and took a sip of orange juice that Thor poured her in between getting out pop tarts for everyone's breakfast.
" What's wrong Arty?" Kee asked gently, sitting regally beside her twin, curiosity in her gaze but completely gentle.
" I'm stuck with my essay," Artemis mumbled.
" I'll help you, what are you writing yours about?" Kee offered instantly.
" I'm writing about the avengers because they inspire me! I'm going to be an avenger one day! But don't worry Keebee, I'll ask Tony, since he is an avenger," Artemis murmured in thanks if the offer.
And with that she skipped off to the lab to find Tony and Bruce.
" Keebee?" Thor inquired with a smirk as Artemis left, leaving Kee and himself in the kitchen.
" You don't ever get to call me Keebee," Kee stated icily.
" And if I do?" Thor asked in amusement.
" I'll make you talk in soprano for a month," Kee threatened, glancing down at his pants and smirking at the satisfaction that would bring her to get to kick someone in this stupid tower.
Thor grimaced and left the subject, helping the girl serve the plates.

When the avengers were sitting down at the table eating pop tarts for breakfast, except for Kee, who ate Greek yoghurt with chia and berries, they were all trying to help Artemis with her essay.
" Well, it'd be easier if you told us what your main points are," Natasha pointed out.
" Well, there's going to be a paragraph about all of you! The first is about Steve, and how he inspires me by being so strong and brave despite being woken up after so many years. The second is about Tony, and how smart he is and how cool he is, he inspires me because he uses his money for good stuff like the avengers upgrades and charities and how even though he technically doesn't really have a proper heart, he has the nicest heart of any person I've ever known," Artemis began.
Steve smiled at her and ruffled her hair in a show of affection, Tony just grinned and foot bumped her.
" You bet I'm cool!" He agreed, winking at her.
" Yeah, well the third paragraph is all about Clint, how he inspires me because he's so dedicated and always hits his target, and how he always makes sure everyone is safe before he himself is. And the fourth is about Natasha, how pretty and yet deadly she is and how she's the coolest woman ever, proving that women can be a part of the avengers too, not just men!" Artemis continued happily, liking their reactions.
" Next it's about Thor and how he inspires me because even after everything he still cares about his brother and helps me make my lunch and he even takes me flying, even though he's busy he always makes time for me and others," Artemis said sweetly, giving Thor a small hug.
" And last of all my biggest a paragraph is about daddy, and how he's the coolest dad in the world, smart and brave! And strong and gentle! He inspires me every moment I'm with him," Artemis finished, kissing Bruce on the cheek.
" I don't think you're u need out help, kid," Steve smirked.
Artemis blinked, realising that she'd just stated all her key ideas when she'd actually thought about it differently.
" I don't know what you guys did, but whatever it was worked! You're all the best!" Artemis chirped.
" And what are you writing about Kee? who inspires you?" Clint asked curiously.
" Yeah, you writing about the avengers too?" Tony asked in amusement.
Kee looked up from studying her bowl, eyes glittering with something more than calm, something angry in her eyes.
" No, I'm not writing about you guys, I'm writing about the New York Soup Kitchen, and how they provide food for penniless individuals, their non for profit or fame approach to life, their selfless acts inspire me," Kee muttered. " now hurry up Artemis, we can't be late," Kee mumbled, going to the sink and washing her bowl.