Excuse Me......What?!

The days went by slowly for the girls, who were finally allowed out of bed. Neither regained memory of the, ' incident ', as the night was labelled, and acted just as they normally did.
The avengers were among special effort to be nice to the girls since in a few days they might just break their sanity apart with their discovery. The girls suspected something was going on but they didn't say anything to anyone but each other.
Bruce had the brilliant idea if throwing the girls a surprise birthday party, since their birthday had been spent in prison,being beaten and starved.
The twins had walked in to the kitchen for breakfast to be startled by all the avengers standing their, with brightly coloured party hats on their heads and streamers strung up around the room.
" Happy Late Birthday!" They'd all shouted.
Artemis had been given a beautiful new green and turquoise dress and shoes and accessories to match, and Kee, since she wasn't very girly and would probably punch whoever bought her a dress and high heels after last time she'd worn them, was given a beautiful double sheath for her swords. Kee had loved it. And yet both girls were still puzzled as to why they were getting so much attention lately.
Thor and Tony took Artemis out flying, which she loved, since she could get them to hold her, or on the odd occasion, be able to control her powers long enough for her to turn in to a falcon and fly race them. Both the men made sure she had a great time.
Meanwhile, Steve, Clint and Natasha taught Kee extra fighting moves like she'd been asking, and sparred with her until she was satisfied with her newfound skills.
Both girls were having a great time with the avengers teaching them lessons every day since Bruce wouldn't let them go back to a normal school, not that they missed it at all!
Their fun filled days were finally brought to a close though, as it was finally time, now both girls were fully recovered, to tell them the news.
" Girls?" Asked Bruce tentatively as he took a seat next to them at the dinner table.
" Yeah, what is it?" Artemis asked happily after finishing her bite of chicken schnitzel and broccoli.
" Something on your mind?" Kee inquired when finished her bowl of Stir Fry.
" Yes, actually, all of us have something important to tell you girls," Bruce informed.
Kee and Artemis shrugged, gesturing for him to go on, they were listening.
" Maybe we should continue this in the living room," Tony suggested.
Everyone nodded, keen to stall having to say what they intended to say.
Soon the avengers were comfortably seated on the three couches, with Artemis snuggled between the two giant forms of Steve and Thor, her smiled at her fondly as she pulled the blanket up around her pink clothed body. Her pyjamas signalled that it was right before she was supposed to be in bed, and Artemis was mischeviously enjoying being let to stay up later. Kee sat beside Clint and Natasha, smiling at Bruce expectantly.
" If this is about my bad mark on my geography test you guys set us yesterday, I'm sorry," Artemis apologised as the silence stretched on.
" No, no, this isn't about that at all," Steve assured.
" You girls remember the night a week and a half ago that the strange team from outer space broke in?" Bruce began, taking charge.
" Yeah, they tried to hurt you guys," Kee said bitterly, remembering how they'd knowingly been about to hurt Artemis and the rest of her family.
" Well, something happened between Kee challenging them to find the two infinity stones and them actually backing down and leaving," Bruce ventured with a sigh.
" Did it? I don't remember anything between then except that they obviously didn't find what they were looking for and left," Artemis said smugly.
" Well, they did find the stones they were looking for. We really did have the Teseract and the Orb in our possession, even though we didn't know we did," Bruce told them steadily,
" Really, where are they?" Kee asked excitedly, wanting to see them herself.
" More like who are they. Artemis, you are the Teseract in human form, and Kee, you're the Orb in human form. The orb and the Teseract told us this. You two told us this," Bruce explained hurriedly, eyes showing pure sympathy.
Artemis and Kee burst out laughing, grinning wildly.
" good try daddy, that was a good joke, where are they really?" Artemis cackled.
" Yeah, as if we'd be the orb and the Teseract!" Kee added between laughs.
No one else laughed, instead, they nervously glanced at each other, none of them wanting to be the doom bringer.
" We aren't joking girls. The orb and the Teseract took control of you and spoke through you to let us know this. You told us a war was coming, that Loki and his master wanted to get all the stones and their power. You said this to us," Tony murmured quietly.
Kee stared at him with one eyebrow raised.
" Wow, you just totally just killed the joke with the explanation, we got it the first time," Kee said with a smirk.
Artemis joined her, laughing again at the memory of how funny the ' joke ' had been.
Bruce sighed heavily.
" I'd hoped it wouldn't come to this," he mumbled before clicking a button on his remote control beside him.
Instantly the TV showed the video camera footage of that night when the stones had taken control. Both girls watched in silence, eyes wide in surprise at themselves. When Kee growled her angry words about Loki in the video, Kee flinched at herself, not believing that was her.
Artemis had started off surprised and amused but now her eyes were watering and she looked away from the video, tears spilling down her cheeks. Steve and Thor both tried to comfort her and give her a hug but she slapped away their hands and curled up in a ball, sobbing quietly in to the blanket.
" Go away," she mumbled when the video finally finished and they tried again to console her.
Bruce looked at Kee, expecting the same broken reaction but Kee was just sitting there calmly, not even tense. Instead, her gaze was far off as she contemplated what that video had meant. No tears spilled from her eyes, no uncontrollable shaking with grief gripped her body. Instead, she sat upright and still, with perfect posture as always.
" It's okay to cry Kee, you can scream if you want, just deal with this any way you like," Natasha murmured.
" I'm too old for screaming like a child, and I don't cry!" Kee said matter if factly, voice devoid of emotion.
She stood up and walked casually over to Artemis, looping an arm around her sister, she led her weeping twin towards the door.
" Goodnight," Kee said simply as she left.
They heard her faintly murmuring comfort to Artemis, hugging her tightly and they heard Artemis laugh quietly at one of the things she'd said.

" I knew Kee would keep it together for Artemis," Bruce murmured appreciatively.
" They'll get through this," Clint murmured,
" And we will be there for them," Tony added.
" Come on Tony, Clint, it's your turn to tuck in the girls tonight," Natasha reminded.
Both men gulped at the prospect of facing the distraught Artemis and unemotional Kee again.
" Wouldn't it be better for Bruce to do it tonight?" Suggested Clint.
" No, a change in routine wouldn't be advisable," Bruce muttered.

Tony knocked on the door softly, in case both girls were asleep.
" Come in," They heard Kee whisper.
The two of them walked in softly to see Artemis curled up in Kee's bed, so tired from crying that she was deeply asleep, a calm expression on her face. Kee was sitting next to Artemis on the edge if her bed, gathering pillows and blankets.
" We came to tuck you girls in," Clint mumbled.
" Artemis is already asleep, and I'd prefer to figuire out the fact that I am a glowing stone in human form by myself," Kee grunted as she dumped the blankets and pillows on the floor.
" What are you doing?" Tony asked.
" Arty is in my bed, so I will be sleeping on the floor tonight," Kee stated in annoyance towards the two men.
" Well, goodnight then," Clint farewelled awkwardly.
" Goodnight to you guys too, I know it must be hard for you to process it all," Kee murmured in farewell and appreciation as she snuggled in to her makeshift bed on the hard floor.